PDA

View Full Version : Walking Cycle Matching Main Null Distance

Cunhambebe
02-26-2005, 12:25 AM
I never thought that would be so difficult to match some already set footsteps and the ground. I've downloaded Fabio Passaro's Trade Federation Battledroid at LWG3D. The file has many scenes, includding "walking cycles" and a "Main Null" to move the whole group of droids. My scene is very short, about 200 frames but I've never thought that would be so difficult to match those footsteps and "the ground". If I put the "Main Null" too far, the droids seem sliding forwards; the other direction makes the droids slide backwards. Please, how can I fix this? I've been trying to make this scene for 2 days and I cannot find a point to match those footsteps and the groung (threre's always the "sliding" problem).
Another question:
I've herad Lightwave can automatically morph movements among some already established points (for instance, points showing: 1.the character standing up, 2.rising the right foot, 2. rising the left foot). How can I do that?
Thanks in advance. I'm sure it can't be so difficult to fix this ...

SplineGod
02-26-2005, 12:34 AM
This is just the sort of thing the Cyclist plugin is for. :)

Cunhambebe
02-26-2005, 05:35 AM
Thanks a lot, I'll check it out.... Anyone? Any more hints? :o

Cunhambebe
02-26-2005, 06:05 AM
I've just checked it out.....Too vague, I can't figure out how it works. can you please giv'me some more hints please? Thanks in advance.

Cunhambebe
02-26-2005, 01:57 PM
C'mon guys, I do need some help here......Thanks

SplineGod
02-26-2005, 04:04 PM
Its always easier to experiment on something simple to understand how it works.
Basically you have a controller object that is used as reference to CYCLE your animation from. You have to apply Cyclist to any items that are being animated.
You determine what attribute of the controller is doing the controlling such as total distance traveled etc etc. You also have to determine what range of the controller will cause your animation to complete a cycle.
Get one item working and then copy paste cyclist to all other items that need it.

Dodgy
02-26-2005, 04:48 PM
To be honest I prefer to use Motion Mixer. You create your walk cycle, then make that a Motion in MotionMixer and you can use the Timewarp curve option to play the motion over and over. You can then use this to slow down or speed up your animation depending on how fast he's moving.