PDA

View Full Version : Pivot Point Update Question

pantone
02-25-2005, 08:07 AM
I'm trying to figure out how to deal with pivot point updating between Modeler and Layout.

According to the docs I'm supposed to be able to adjust the pivot point location in modeler using View>Layer>Pivot and the pivot point location should be updated in Layout.

I'm not having any luck with this. I've tried saving the object in modeler. Closing down both aps and re-opening the scene. Still no luck.

I'm using 8.2 on OSX.

As a side note. It's ironic that the manual gives me this important "note": "WARNING: Understanding pivot points is fundamental to understanding LightWave." Then proceeds not to discuss what those fundamentals are.

gjjackson
02-25-2005, 08:18 AM
I've usually had to remove the object from Layout and then reload it. I've just gotten use to it. You could also use 'Send object to Layout'. That would create a new instance in Layout and Then delete the previous one.

spec24
02-25-2005, 08:35 AM
Yeah - it doesn't work. I just move my layered objects into position. I don't always get it to update if I reload the object like gjjackson does.

brap
02-25-2005, 09:36 AM
- Update your pivot in Modeler
- In Layout Modify>Move Pivot, then General>Reset

Also, if you've going to animate your object, make a keframe somewhere back in the negative timeline, where your obect is at it's original position.

-Jamie

gjjackson
02-25-2005, 01:25 PM
- Update your pivot in Modeler
- In Layout Modify>Move Pivot, then General>Reset

Also, if you've going to animate your object, make a keframe somewhere back in the negative timeline, where your obect is at it's original position.

-Jamie

I should've mentioned that also. I Do actually prefer to do it in modeler. It has to be saved in order to reload it. I've also gotten in the habit of making sure where I want it at before I finish saving it.