PDA

View Full Version : how to save a render as jpeg?

twine
02-25-2005, 02:08 AM
Hi, im new to LW, 3 weeks now. I have been rendering a few models but cant seem to save the final image as jpeg or any other format. I have tried configuring the output files but just cant seem to get a result. I have managed to save a simple animation as a .mov but would like to grab some pics. I am expecting a delivery of photoshop any day. will this help? :)

BeeVee
02-25-2005, 03:17 AM
Are you managing to get a display of your renders? If so, have a look at the menus...

B

twine
02-25-2005, 10:39 AM
yes I am getting the display, and i have saved various pictures in the various available formats, but i dont appear to have any programs capable of opening them?

MonroePoteet
02-25-2005, 10:55 AM
To save a single frame, use the Image Viewer's File pulldown (or Save on older versions of LW's QV viewer), select JPG as the file format, and enter a filename.

To save a sequence, use the Save RGB option on the Render Options panel, specify JPG as the output file format, and select a "base" filename for the sequence of files.
The base filename will be appended with the frame number for each subsequent frame.

mTp

mattclary
02-25-2005, 11:38 AM
A picture is worth a thousand words. ;)

twine
02-26-2005, 03:35 AM
Thanks for the help so far people. How I missed the jpeg option i dont know. although i am still puzzled. When I save in any of the formats in the picture provided above they seem to only be saved as a .rla file which i still cant seem to open.

twine
02-26-2005, 05:39 AM
Ok i take it back. I just worked it out. I wasnt adding the jpeg file extension when saving. thanks people :)

Silkrooster
02-26-2005, 05:15 PM
I just put a video about this subject onto my forum. You can find it at: http://www.silkrooster.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=49
Silk