PDA

View Full Version : Lights with Morph Mixer?

fabmedia
04-17-2003, 03:29 PM
How do you control a Light's intensity with Sliders or Morph mixer? I'm not sure how to set this up.

Thanks Arlen

Mylenium
04-18-2003, 06:28 AM
You have to activate the envelope. You do not have to create any additional keys just activating makes it known to LW that you want to animate this parameter. If you now try to create a slider the parameter will be available.

Mylenium

fabmedia
04-18-2003, 12:48 PM
HUH? I'm quite dull on this end (trust me). So I need to activate the envelope (the "E" button) and then the graph will come up. But what do I do then?

A

Mylenium
04-18-2003, 01:00 PM
Hehe,

Exit graph editor. Then somewhere there should be a button for sliders. Click it, give it a name and on the upcoming panel pick the channels to create sliders for. Don't look any further if you are not using 7.5. ;)

Mylenium

JulianW
04-18-2003, 03:12 PM
To set up a slider it has to be associated with an object (unfortunately a Light does't seem to suffice) so you'll either need to add the Slider to an existing object or create a Null to use.

Then you just call up the Object Properties requester ('p') and from the Geometry tab pull down the Add Custom Object drop down, and select Sliders. Then double click the Sliders entry created to set up the slider (you should be able to work out how it all works fairly easily)

Once you've created the slider you need to select the Sliders tool (Items menu set, under Tools) to adjust the slider.

JW.

fabmedia
04-18-2003, 03:20 PM
Okay, so I attatch the slider to a Null, now I have to animate the light from 0 to 100% over 50 frames, then use cycler to attach the animation to the null based on movement, then use the slider to move the null?

Do I have to animate the null before I attach the slider?

Are there any examples of this stuff?

A