PDA

View Full Version : Plugins you can't live without...

Joseph Burrell
02-24-2005, 07:05 AM
Since I"m (hopefully) going to be a new user soon, what are some LW plugins you can't do without or that you feel infinitely necessary to get the job done. Any animation tools you feel are a must are greatly appreciated. Free plugs are nice too. :p

CB_3D
02-24-2005, 07:14 AM
There are several threads with a lot of suggestions...even with the same title as yours. Do a search here.

And take a look at Flay.com

PS:One suggestion iŽd have for you is not to worry about plugins before you master the native software. Basically You can do everything out of the box with LW.

Joseph Burrell
02-24-2005, 07:23 AM
Ack. Leave it to me to be a complete newb. I'm just excited. You'll have to forgive me. :rolleyes:

Barred
02-25-2005, 01:51 AM
Good for you Joseph for getting into LW.

If you are looking for a plugin or two I would sugest F_Prime from Worley Labs.
For my second recomendation well, it is not a plugin but a course like Dan Ablans and Larry Schultz( sorry in I have miss spelled it Larry).

If you do go for F-Prime wait untill you have installed LW as you will need you hardware key (dongle)'s serial number.

Welcome to Waving.

js33
02-25-2005, 02:27 AM
Ack. Leave it to me to be a complete newb. I'm just excited. You'll have to forgive me. :rolleyes:

Are you the same Joseph Burrell that is a moderator on the Northern Sound Source forum? Just wondering because I hang out there too. Yes I do 3D and graphics as my paying gig but am just if not more so passionate about music creation/production.

Anyway welcome to the wave. It's a long strange trip. :D

Cheers,
JS

Joseph Burrell
02-25-2005, 07:00 AM
Yep, its me. Man, I'm all over the place aren't I? :D

Thanks for the welcome guys. I'll try not to let my newbishness cramp the cool vibe you guys have going here.

js33
02-25-2005, 07:23 AM
Hey Joseph,

Thats my real name too. :D Anyway once you learn 3D then you can score your own animations. You use GPO? I use EW Gold and I really like it. Just got it last xmas on the group buy at NSS so I'm still getting my feet wet with it.

I've been doin the 3D/graphics thing about 10 years now so don't hestitate to ask for help. There are many very experienced animators/modelers/artists here.

Cheers,
JS