PDA

View Full Version : Yellow selection in new Scene editor?

Exception
02-24-2005, 05:45 AM
Hi!

Can anyone tell me what the yellow thingies are in the new scene editor?
I watched proton's tuturial, but they are not mentioned there. For intance, the Light Intensity field has this small square on the right of its value. When clicked twice it will turn yellow and stay that way.

Woulnt it be cool if you made a selection by going through all the items you want, and when they turn yellow, when you get back to it later, yuo can rightclick and say 'reselect yellow switches' or something, so you wouldnt have to go through it again?

Also, what is the fastest way to select all the value fields of multiple items that were selected in layout? I dont seem to be able to find a way to do it at all.
What I mean is, for instance you have 100 lights in your scene. You drag a selection of 25 of them, and they are all scattered around the scene editor selection wise. Now I wish to modify the intensity value of all of them. Eventhough they are selected as items, the values need to be manually selected still. Did I miss something?

Dodgy
02-24-2005, 06:19 AM
If you right click on the heading of a column, (for example, subdivision order) then it'll bring up a menu for applying item selection/other cell selection to the current cells.

:)

Exper
02-24-2005, 07:22 AM
Multi-selection! :)

Take a look here:http://vbulletin.newtek.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=18538

Exception
02-24-2005, 08:32 AM
No I don't mean multi-selection. I knew that, but I mean another yellow thing... not a number, but a yellow square. It probably means an envelope is applied, but isnt that supposed to show by a depressed button? Whats the yellow right beside it extra for?

dodgy: that's handy thanks...

Exper
02-25-2005, 08:11 AM
Sorry... I replied in such a hurry! :o

The yellow thing indicates that an envelope has a keyframe at "current" frame in the timeline.

Useful and effective! :cool:

Exception
02-26-2005, 03:29 AM
Ah!

Good, thanks Exper!