PDA

View Full Version : Pencil line effect Tutorial for download

wacom
02-23-2005, 09:37 PM
Here is a quick and dirty tutorial I made for getting the sketchy look. It should be enough to get those wanting a tutorial started. It's a PDF file...

Hope it works out ok. Please send me a PM if you have any issues or notice anything or think I should add something etc. I tried to keep it as to the point as I could.

Thanks,
Gideon

PS

http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showthread.php?t=33682&page=4&pp=20&highlight=Pencil

mbaldwin
02-24-2005, 07:24 AM
wacom,

great tutorial! thanks for taking the time.

-m.

TSpyrison
02-24-2005, 10:43 AM
Ahh..
Much is made clear now..

And Again.. thanks for taking the time to do that... :)

LAV
02-24-2005, 03:45 PM
Compliments! I can imagine your satisfaction thinking and planning the workflow and then finding it works! Many many compliments!

Lw is a zen way to "wow, it works!"

CB_3D
02-24-2005, 05:26 PM
:d :d :d

walfridson
03-11-2005, 04:37 AM
Very cool!

Mdust
03-11-2005, 08:41 AM
Pure genious Wacom!

The "rope plugin" of artistic effects for LW!

This is the kind of thing people should be paying for. Ground breaking scientific research I dare say!

Looking forward to the next one and thank you for sharing your hard work!

Mdust

druitre
03-15-2005, 10:35 AM
veryverycool, this... starts my imagination, especially after seeing the last pic (fuzzy, painterly effects). a way to do soft cloud-like stuff? Fur? volumetrics without hypervoxels? stylized water, bushes, trees, shrubbery (anybody looking for a shrubbery? I might be an excellent shrubberer)

eagerly awaiting next episode, not waiting to start experimenting by myself, though.

BBS-TV 21
03-16-2005, 08:12 AM
Thanks for sharing! Some of us new lightwave users can use tutorials like this that cut to the bare bones of the software. Some of the training videos just don't explain in laymans terms.

gerardstrada
03-25-2005, 11:48 PM
Thanks Gideon!

The results are AWESOME! the technique is ingenius and Excellent tutorial! Thank you very much, man :)

Gerardo

Celshader
03-26-2005, 05:37 PM
Cool stuff.

wacom
03-26-2005, 07:11 PM
Thanks Gideon!

The results are AWESOME! the technique is ingenius and Excellent tutorial! Thank you very much, man :)

Gerardo

Hey, this is just a small contribution by me to add to the mountains of good information and advice you and people like Celshader have given. The LW community is a giving one- and I've benefited quite a bit from it. Here's my 2 cents...

Thanks,
Gideon

PS- be sure to check out the "main" thread here:

http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showthread.php?t=33682&highlight=Pencil

People have done some really cool stuff (see Theo's and Red_Oddity's work).

gerardstrada
03-27-2005, 04:09 AM
What? this is a Great contribution, man! :)
Btw, have you tried with AVT_3DBump+? This free plugin allows to fake deformations like a microdisplacement style with a lot of detail and less geometry, I think that it would work better than texture displacement or normal displacement because we can work with less polygons (at less to simulate oil or watercolor) but not for colored pencils, since doesn't work well with LWEdges. :)

Gerardo

wacom
03-27-2005, 01:13 PM
What? this is a Great contribution, man! :)
Btw, have you tried with AVT_3DBump+? This free plugin allows to fake deformations like a microdisplacement style with a lot of detail and less geometry, I think that it would work better than texture displacement or normal displacement because we can work with less polygons (at less to simulate oil or watercolor) but not for colored pencils, since doesn't work well with LWEdges. :)

Gerardo

It does work...though it's not quite as easy to setup. I think you're write though in that it could help when going for a water color look...but then again using a displacement plane in front of the camera might also work just as well. It also doesn't seem to like dithered motion blur.

Once we have some Sub-pixel displacment we'll be in biz though.