PDA

View Full Version : I'd like to melt some butter...

Turner
02-23-2005, 08:18 AM
I've looked through the tutorials and searched the forums but haven't found a definitive answer...

Basically, I'd like to begin with a "cube of butter" - really, just a cube, or an object - and animate it melting to a puddle.

Better yet, I'd like to be able to animate something so that its "melted state" fills a volume, as if a chunk of butter is melting in a shot glass, so that it conforms to the inside volume of the shot glass.

I realize that this may be pretty complicated... and that there are $1200 plugins that will do it... but I figured I'd start by asking here.

This isn't for a project... just learning LW...

thx
Andrew

gjjackson
02-23-2005, 09:36 AM
Just create a morph. Put your stick in the glass and morph it to fit.

Turner
02-23-2005, 09:42 AM
Ok... are you quoting Uriah Heep? No friggin' way... one of the best operatic rock albums of all time... if not, erm.. nevermind. ;)

Anyway, I thought of that - trouble being twofold - first, I'd like to perform this "operation" with different vessels that have different shapes, and need it to look realistic. Second, I'd like to be able to use physics if possible, so that once "melted" I can "pour" the liquid out.

Thanks
Andrew

Just create a morph. Put your stick in the glass and morph it to fit.

gjjackson
02-23-2005, 09:55 AM
I'd think you'd have to do a morph to begin with. Then maybe replace it with Hypervoxels. There's a tutorial on tutorfx.com , If I remember, on flowing river, which would be somewhat related.

If you're talking about the signature, I'd forgotten which album that was from. I have a number of Uriah Heap's. That phrase has stuck with for some long time. I listen to music in spurts, the same ones for a period of time. Lately I've been on a Suzi Quatro kick. I especially like some of her remakes.