PDA

View Full Version : Spreadsheet Crashes .

Thunderb
02-23-2005, 04:48 AM
:mad: Anyone else have this problem, if I open Spreadsheet it crashes. I need to do multiple chanegs on lights and object mesh resolutions. Lightwave 8.2's new scene editor cant even do it? the old one in 8.1 could. Need help.

Cheers

Exper
02-23-2005, 05:16 AM
LW 8.2 new Scene Editor provides multi selection using that small vertical column at the left of every property (take a look at the attach). ;)

Spreadsheet has problems in LW8.2 due to the changes made in the usage of Master Plugins... I was able to use it in LW 8.2 but I had the need to install the whole machine from scratch and now it doesn't work at all.

I'll investigate when I'll have some spare time (not too soon)... I think the main problem is hidden into Config files (or was I miracled in past? No... not me).

Thunderb
02-23-2005, 06:00 AM
Wow thanks, didnt realise that, you are a life saver. Thankyou, one more qeury on that....the menu that is opened after a multiple select, the top part of the window for it is off the screen at the top of my moniter? how can I move the menu around? is this a bug, I can expand it but cant acces the top part of the menu?

BeeVee
02-23-2005, 07:35 AM
With your example, select one item instead of multiple items and the window will disappear. Now move the Scene Editor further down the screen and select the two items again...

B

Thunderb
02-23-2005, 07:39 AM
Thank you, should have figured that out for myself!! Much appreciated!!

BeeVee
02-23-2005, 07:58 AM
No problem. The new scene editor version is very powerful, but you need to work it out... :)

B

Librarian
02-23-2005, 09:17 PM
I havenīt tried in 8.2, but in 8.0.1 the spreadsheet doesnīt crash for me after using a fresh LW8 config file. Save all keyboard shortcuts and menu layout, clear you LW8config file and start LW. LW then produces a new config file, but you have to reload you menus and shortcuts.

Exper
02-24-2005, 04:22 AM
Ben replied faster than me (not so difficult... I linger here when I have some spare time) and he's always informative!

@Thunderb: we've already discussed about that little quite not visible column and NT's stuff is already informed and well aware about it! ;)

@Librarian: he was speaking about the old Spreadsheet one! ;)

BeeVee
02-24-2005, 04:28 AM
Hi Exper,

Are you saying I have nothing better to do than hang around in forums and make snide comments?

Fair enough... :)

B

Exper
02-24-2005, 04:41 AM
Hi Ben,
I say what I said.

I linger... you work... enough fun for both of us. :D

You know.... I'm joking when I'm serious and I'm serious when I'm joking (just a pretty loop)! :p

Librarian
02-24-2005, 05:17 AM
@Librarian: he was speaking about the old Spreadsheet one! ;)
Yes, I know Iīm too The old Spreadsheet Master Plugin ;)
Every time it crashes after I call it, I delete the LW8.cfg and it works fine. I think LW adds something in the config files that makes the spreadsheet crash.

Exper
02-24-2005, 05:29 AM
Oh... I completely misunderstood... funny... you confirm the Configs problem: I don't have to open them and read inside in search for a solution! :cool:

Thunderb
02-24-2005, 06:31 AM
Hey guys I dont doubt the new Scene Editor is cool but dont you think it is a bit buggy? LW 8.2 now crashes on me atleast 20 times a day on different things especially in the new Editor. For example if I select multiple bones and try to change their Motion: Controller limits Heading/Bank/Pitch etc to inverse Kinematics...BOOOM!!...... :eek: CRASH!!! restart.... one example of many..