PDA

View Full Version : Removing LW 7 from PC

Csion
02-22-2005, 01:38 AM
I don't remember what happened...but when I noticed 'LightWave 7 full install" on my old PC I was confused.
I know i had it on there but though i had uninstalled it.

now i cant get rid of it! everytime to go to remove programs it just runs a quick installer/remover then says finish. but the title is still in the list and i cant reinstall LW.
i cant find any LW program files on my computer..so i dont know why its saying its there.

please help me!
my pc runs windows 95, and had, at one time, ran LW 7.

-Jace

mrunion
02-22-2005, 08:05 AM
Here is a way to FORCE the item to not be listed in the Add/Remove programs. Of course, if it's not entirely gone, you now have to know how to manually remove it if you follow these instructions.

Note: These instructions involve editing the registry. Either be sure of what you're doing or backup at least the section you are working on (if not the whole registry) before doing this! (Also, I am on Windows XP, but these instructions *should* work for any NT variant and most likely for 98, ME, etc. as well.)

1) Start -> Run
2) type in "regedit"
3) Browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Uninstall
4) Expand that key and underneath you'll see a (long) list of items. One of these should say "Lightwave 7 Full Install".
5) Select that item and press the DELete key.
6) Close regedit and all should be well.

Csion
02-22-2005, 10:46 PM
Hey, thanks alot...weird problem.
I get back to you weither or not it worked on my win95 PC.

-Jace