PDA

View Full Version : Particles and the Alpha

clarityprod
02-21-2005, 05:10 PM
OK ! I have been playing with particles trying something new to me. I wanted to take a plane and place a photo of nebula on it. Form that I wanted to emit particles from it based on the info of the photo. The particles are not animated. They will be in place and not moving at all. This is just to get subctance to fly the cam through so it feels more 3D rather than a plane only, as most people do. I need to get the particles to have an alpha so they are cut out of the plane. I can turn off the plane and that works but, The particles are in the shape of the plane and I want them to be in the shap of the color info of the nebula.

I did this as a front projection and it worked perfectly. That was a problem though, because the image moves with the camera. Bummer :-( ``` When I tried to do it as a planner map I can not get the alpha to work right. I'm bumed out cause it looks so awesome as a front projection aside of the movement I do not want.

I hope I explained this well enough. I could use a little magic to get this right. Thanks in advance to anyone that may have a solution.

:-)

clarityprod
02-21-2005, 07:25 PM
I figured it out myself people. :-)

DMarkwick
02-22-2005, 07:46 AM
Did it involve a second camera? :)