PDA

View Full Version : Make Poly keeps point selected in 8.0.1

cholo
02-21-2005, 04:56 PM
When I made polys in LW modeler prior to 8, it would deselect the points and make the polygon when I pressed p, but now the points remain selected forcing me to manually deselect before selecting the next round of point which makes things a bit cumbersome. Any way to turn this off? (Btw I can't upgrade to 8.2, I'm on VT LW and my standalone seat remains at 7.5)

evenflcw
02-21-2005, 07:37 PM
NT made a booboo not noticing or fixing this (there is no way anyone can convince me they meant for it to work like that). It is a whole new command ("Make Poly") so all you have to do is switch back to the old one. So enter the key configuration panel and make a search for "Make Polygon" add replace it.

Kurtis
02-21-2005, 08:11 PM
cholo,

This is the way the new Make Poly tool works. It was made that way based on user requests. You can go back to the old way by using the old Make Polygon tool. They were made as separate tools so you could choose the way you prefer to work.

You can change your keyboard shortcut p to the old tool by assigning it to Make Polygon under the Create heading in the Configure Keys panel (keyboard shortcut ALT+F9).

cholo
02-22-2005, 02:47 PM
Thanx everyone, that's gonna be a real time saver. Sometimes there's no avoiding having to make a few hundred polys by hand and deselecting points was getting a bit annoying. :)