PDA

View Full Version : LW upgrade question

Knouse1344
02-21-2005, 07:05 AM
Can I upgrade my Lightwave 8 ACADEMIC VERSION to the real one just by purchasing the upgrade? Sounds like I can't, because that would gip newtek by about 500 bucks.

Kurtis
02-21-2005, 08:20 AM
Knouse1344,

What version of LightWave do you currently have?

Our current policy is that it is $500 to upgrade from educational to commercial, but if there is an upgrade available, say if you're still using 7.5, we will give you the upgrade for free at the time you go from educational to commercial.

You can contact Customer Service for full details.

Knouse1344
02-21-2005, 07:32 PM
What version of LightWave do you currently have?

I was wondering about my LW academic version 8, not 8.2. So to make the LW 8 academic version to lw 8 or 8.2 full retail (w/ commercial liscense) it would be $500?

Also, Im trying to understand what you said about the other upgrade.
- Say I have lightwave 7.5, it would be free to upgrade it to 8?
Or would that lightwave 7.5 need to be the academic version to have a free upgrade?

If so, complements to newtek on a very budget-friendly lightwave sytem :)

Kurtis
02-21-2005, 07:47 PM
I was wondering about my LW academic version 8, not 8.2. So to make the LW 8 academic version to lw 8 or 8.2 full retail (w/ commercial liscense) it would be $500?

Actually, $495, but correct.

Also, Im trying to understand what you said about the other upgrade.
- Say I have lightwave 7.5, it would be free to upgrade it to 8?
Or would that lightwave 7.5 need to be the academic version to have a free upgrade?

If so, complements to newtek on a very budget-friendly lightwave sytem :)

If you were still on LightWave 7.5, and you wanted to upgrade to a commercial license and [8] now, we would upgrade you to [8] and the commercial license at the same time for $495 total.

Just to be clear, $495 is for the version with the PDF manual. The version with the printed manual would be $595.

And, thank you. We think it's a good deal too. :D

You can learn some more about our pricing options, including this one, here:
http://www.newtek.com/products/lightwave/product/pricing.html

Knouse1344
02-22-2005, 01:01 PM
Alright thanks a lot....I'll be looking into getting that soon!