PDA

View Full Version : Real Time Writer?

Willi
02-21-2005, 07:51 AM
Hi Guys,
Is there a way to create an effect as if my title was being written on the screen? I have imported a ton of new fonts and I think on my weeding videos this would be really cool. Thanks!!

radams
02-21-2005, 08:31 AM
You mean as a typewriter effect or as actual writing on..

You can do both of these effects with Aura...very easy and straight forward...there used to be an canned effect that would do the type writer add on...I don't know it is with Aura or from another source...

But I would suggest checking out Aura...

Cheers,

UnCommonGrafx
02-21-2005, 08:32 AM
VT[4] has that in the TimelineCG.
All of the variables are animatable there.

Willi
02-21-2005, 08:46 AM
I would like an actual write on. For now I'm still using VT3 and I'm not aware of CG in my VT edit unless I'm not seeing it. Where would I look for the "canned" version in Aura? Thanks for the help guys I appriciate it, I'm learning both computers and the VT3 at the same time :) I brought in the text to Aura but can't find the feature to get it to animate. If you steeer me I may be able to figure it out from there thanks guys.

Ivan
02-21-2005, 10:24 AM
I think they are describing something other than what you are looking for. You are however looking in the correct place in Aura. There is a Write On tutorial here (http://www.newtek.com/products/vt/aura/tutorials/lesson07/lesson07.html) That should put you on the "write" track. :) It isn't exactly what you asked for but with a little imagination it does what I think you want.

Ivan

Willi
02-21-2005, 10:39 AM
Thanks a lot. I'm gonna work with it later today. Thanks everyone.