PDA

View Full Version : DOS shuts down really fast

polarbear53
02-20-2005, 09:51 PM
I've used the video tutorial, which is awsome, but when i made my DOS stuff and executed it, DOS opens and closes really fast.

@echo OFF

echo "LightWave ScreamerNet Node 2 Initialisation..."
cd C:\Lightwave\Programs

LWSN-2-c\\Jeeves\screamernet\config_sn-d\\Jeeves\screamernet\ \\Jeeves\screamernet\screamer_command\job2 \\Jeeves\screamernet\screamer_command\ack2

^^ That is what I have(for number node 2), and it is all one line.

wingep
02-20-2005, 10:06 PM
my guess is you need a space between each command

ie
LWSN -2 -c\\Jeeves\screamernet\config_sn -d\\Jeeves\screamernet\ \\Jeeves\screamernet\screamer_command\job2 \\Jeeves\screamernet\screamer_command\ack2

otherwise the dos prompt will think that the program your executing is lwsn-2-c \\etc etc\ack2.exe not lwsn.exe and giving you an error about not being able to find it then closing.

polarbear53
02-20-2005, 10:16 PM
Thanks, I think that was the problem with it.

I had gone to another tutorial to see how they did it, and just copied their stuff into it and changed it, and I think that was the problem that I had with it.

:cool: :cool: , i have screamernet working (at least on the server :D )

wilgory
03-02-2005, 02:10 PM
Has anyone sucessfully rendered Hypervoxels on Particles over screamernet. Everytime I try and do it it will render the objects, the textures, lights, but it will not render the hypervoxels textures on the particles in my scene. Any help or confirmations that hypervoxels can be rendered with ScreamerNet would be awesome. Steps or work arounds to ScreamerNet - Hypervoxel's rendering issue would rock. Thanks a lot!!!

Greg
[email protected]

polarbear53
05-03-2005, 06:50 PM
I'm having the same problem again :rolleyes:

@echo OFF
echo "LightWave ScreamerNet Node 1 Initialisation . . ."

cd l:\Lightwave8\Programs\

LWSN -2 -cl:\Lightwave8\config -dl:\Lightwave8\ l:\Lightwave8\screamer_command\job1 l:\Lightwave8\screamer_command\ack1

i made drive l a mapped network drive,

everything points to the right spot(99% sure, i copied the paths from the explorer windows), so i donno

i've also changed all the locations to go to the exact spot and not over the mapped drive and it still doesn't work

kevman3d
05-06-2005, 10:35 PM
You can also try using the log option (I think -l from memory - But don't quote me on that one!) to write the output of your nodes to a file - You won't see anything in the console window, but at least if it starts LWSN and then generates an error, you can see it in the text file...

Also, I'm assuming that L: is mapped to C:\Program Files\ (unless you've installed LightWave[8] in your root of your drive?

I would probably also consider passing the full application path in the LWSN call, rather changing directory and then executing it.

What I tend to do on my server setup is create a batch file, and then call that batch file from each node... ie.

Startnode.bat
l:\Lightwave8\programs\LWSN.exe -2 -cl:\Lightwave8\config -dl:\Lightwave8\ l:\Lightwave8\screamer_command\job%1 l:\Lightwave8\screamer_command\ack%1

Note I use the dos %1 parameter at the end of both job and ack settings, so I can just pass the node number remotely from the node, and no need to hardcode anything. You can do the same for anything in here if you feel like it - Say, pass the content directory as a parameter, etc.

To call the Batch file, I just make a shortcut on my nodes desktop and set its properties to something like this (for, say, node 2)

L:\startnode.bat 2