PDA

View Full Version : Record from VT to SVHS

Bill
04-17-2003, 08:36 AM
Hi,
I recored a RTV file in VT[2], cleaned up the file some and now that I got the RTV file the way I want it how do I get it back on to the VCR?

Thank you,

Bill O.

(With allies like the French who needs enemies.)

mgrusin
04-17-2003, 11:02 AM
Simpler than you think... If you've already been playing back your timeline on an external monitor, just hook up your VCR in the monitor's place (you can always move the monitor to the output of the VCR to see exactly what it's recording). Then hit record on the VCR, and start playback on the Toaster. I suggest adding a few seconds of black at the begining of your production so the "play/record" timing isn't so critical.

Good luck! -MG

(And let's not confuse governments with people.)

Bill
04-17-2003, 12:26 PM
HI mgrusin,
Thank you for your reply I just wish it was as simple as you said. I did what you had said and the only thing that I can see when I play back the SVHS tape is “Video Calibration”. I tried doing the capture using the S-Video and the Component and got the same results both times. I even tried changing the preference setting for output from YC (when using S-video) to Component (when using the component connection) and that did not even work. Did I mention that I am using the DDR application?

Thank you,

Bill O.

(Lets remember that in most free countries, it is the views and beliefs of the people that shape their governments) (With allies like the French who needs enemies.)
:confused: :confused:

3danim8d
04-17-2003, 01:19 PM
Bill,

I'm guessing that you are using a JVC SVHS recorder?

You need to go into the VCRs menu to set the input channel for the video signal, RCA or S-VHS.

Also, on mine, even though it is set to use the rear S-VHS input in the menu, for some reason, I have to enter the menu and exit again everytime I power-on the unit otherwise it defaults to the RCA. I don't have to change any settings, I just have to enter and exit the menu and it is fine.

I think you can also set the overlay mode in the menu to not display the "Video Calibration" message, but if you leave a long enough leader on your Project, I like 30 seconds at the beginning of a tape to be safe, the calibration will be done by the time your project starts (unless your heads are really dirty or the tape hasn't been tightened properly) do you pre-black your tapes before you do the final record on them?

I hope some of this helps.

Jeff

sbrandt
04-18-2003, 11:22 AM
...JVC HR-S5100U HRVCR, I have to set the "channel" to AUXILIARY to get it to work.

Bill
04-18-2003, 11:30 AM
The channel that you are refering to, would it be the VHS channel or the Video Toaster output channel?

Thank you,

Bill O.

sbrandt
04-18-2003, 11:48 AM
VHS