PDA

View Full Version : Is NT dealer allowed to do this?

doimus
02-17-2005, 11:40 AM
I'm trying to update to LW8 through regional official NewTek dealer. They quoted me the regular european price on the phone (EUR295) BUT charged me additional EUR100 in the invoice and THEN added the taxes (basically raising LW price for 100 euros)!
They stated shipping costs as the reason for price increase (they stated shipping was free in earlier e-mail and phone contacts)...

I'm smelling something rotten here... I haven't signed or paid anything yet, thankfully.
I would like someote from NT to clarify if dealers can do this.
If they have the right to excercise price fluctuations, I'll gladly excercise my right of finding another dealer! :rolleyes:

I'm calling the dealer tomorrow, either to cancel my order or to bash them until they admit they're making extra profit behind NT's back (hehe, this sounds like Sopranos now! :D )

riki
02-17-2005, 04:30 PM
Yeah I had to pay about $200 US extra for the last update, but my dealer did quote that upfront. The reason being local taxes and shipping fees. It's always good to get things in writing so that you have something to fall back on.

doimus
02-18-2005, 12:21 AM
It's a shame really, when dealers do that... I mean it's basically 30% price increase in this case, and there is no way shipping costs for a small cd-box are that much.
Especially as France (NT Europe) is basically around the corner here, and it's not some kind of courier overnight shipping as they quoted 10-day delivery time.

I really wish NewTek would make make electronic/downloadable upgrades available, because as for now, the box and CDs cost me 100 euros. :(

riki
02-18-2005, 12:33 AM
It's a huge unnecessary addition to the price, especially if you could buy online as an electronic download, you'd be saving at least 10-20% in local taxes. Plus $100 on shipping fees for 4 DVDs in a single pack, which is nothing short of a rip. I could ship half a dozen heavy books from Amazon for that price. Plus especially when you consider the DVDs don't even get express deliverred to your door, they go first to the distributor and then sent out. Nothing express about that?

doimus
02-18-2005, 03:11 AM
Here's another pearl of wisdom from another croatian dealer, who claims to be the general representative for NT although it's NOT listed on NT Europe site...

Anyway, they quoted me EUR 500 for the upgrade, and when I directed them to new pricelist they claimed it was an ERROR on Newtek's behalf :eek: and it is going to be fixed soon. When I then replied that other dealer does offer the new price they said something like (spoken Indiana Jones style with a cheesy laugh): "Thrust us, we are the general representative."

No wonder there's such high rate of software piracy here, when dealers act like bloodthirsty pirates themselves!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Anyway, I think I'm going to spend my money on some nice downloadable LW plugins instead of supporting some dealer's dirty rotten stinkin' work-in-a-gray-zone economy!

PS: Isn't it sad that these days is easier to get plugin from Texas or Poland or wherever than to get software in your own back yard....

guardonduty
02-18-2005, 08:57 AM
Move to the US. Everything is better.

BeeVee
02-18-2005, 01:23 PM
I would hesitate to suggest it if you had a good dealer, but have you considered asking us directly?

B

Panikos
02-18-2005, 02:37 PM
BeeVee, in such cases I grab the opportunity to accuse my local dealer.
He is so dirty, that I prefer to keep the forums clean.
Thats why I prefer NT-Europe.
Why dont you ask 2-3 persons for the reputation of someone before giving rights ?
:confused:

doimus
02-18-2005, 03:52 PM
BeeVee, I've already sent email to you (NT Europe) this morning, asking if direct purchase is available. I even called some names in that mail, hoping you slap their wrists or something! :rolleyes:

Anyway, at shipping costs my dealer quoted, it's actally cheaper to get in the car and drive to Pessac myself! :D Man, what a drive that would be... :cool: