PDA

View Full Version : One Touch Background Color

DefcomDMC
02-17-2005, 09:44 AM
How about a color picker for the background color in CG?

It would be better than messing with a rectangle fill object that I keep unintentionally selecting.

GregMalick
02-17-2005, 10:18 AM
Please explain the difference between what you describe and Backdrop Color in the Backdrop Options Panel...

Ivan
02-17-2005, 08:40 PM
Due to the ease with which we can create motion, reposition CG Pages ad overlay CG Pages in VTEdit, I am curious why you would want to create a backdrop in CG rather than doing it in Background Gen. and using that. I cannot think of a time when creating graphics in CG is better than just doing another layer in VTEdit.

Ivan

wvp
02-18-2005, 08:17 AM
Due to the ease with which we can create motion, reposition CG Pages ad overlay CG Pages in VTEdit, I am curious why you would want to create a backdrop in CG rather than doing it in Background Gen. and using that. I cannot think of a time when creating graphics in CG is better than just doing another layer in VTEdit.

Ivan
A) you want to keep the # of layers down for less rendering
B) your graphic is exactly the way you want it to look with no chance of these layers seperating from the CG (of course if we could rubber band...)
C) you could DVE into the CG w/background (with layers, you would have an overlay, a DVE no-no) [allthough sub-project could work, but more work then]
D) Can you do gradient backgrounds with the generator? (don't recall, probably)
E) You want to give someone else the task of creating CG pages for later use.
F) The CG pages are for live use, not VT Edit

Ivan
02-18-2005, 10:03 AM
Ok, I can go along with (F). A - E I would likely argue that layers are a better way to go but that's just me. Background Gen. does very nice gradients but it does not let you determine the spread.

The one touch background color may be a bit more difficult to program because right now the background is transparent. The next best thing may be just to create a box and Clone the page to avoid having to do it all of the time.

Ivan