PDA

View Full Version : Shift and ctrl key difficulties

DragonFist
02-16-2005, 01:57 AM
I am having some trouble in modeler and layout with the shift and crtl keys not being recognized. I am using a wireless keyboard for the first time and am definitely thinking it has something to do with it. However, I have my doubts because it doesn't seem to be happening in any other programs.

I MEAN THAT I CAN TYPE THIS WITH SHIFT KEYS, no problem. But selecting layers in Modeler with the shift key can be very frustrating because it works sometimes and not others. And Crtl --x -c -v regularly fail to execute properly. But I can do that in word or notepad or here without difficulty.

Anyone else experience something similar?

Vailias
02-16-2005, 10:33 AM
I'm having the same issues with LW and my wireless keyboard.

It seems like keyboard latency, and it might have something to do with the increased resource usage that lw needs, vs normal, mundane programs, I'm not fully sure.

I find what works is to slow down how fast you switch keys, and if it doesn't take the first time then let up and press again.

DragonFist
02-17-2005, 10:30 PM
Something that seemed to help a lot. I took it out as a ps2 keyboard and used it as USB on the theory that the latency would be better. It is a big difference.

Thanks