PDA

View Full Version : enable master autoload <-what is it?

stib
02-15-2005, 09:58 PM
For no good reason I was looking at the general options window and right down the bottom it says "enable master autoload". Gosh, sounds Very Important. I'd better not go meddling with it or someone might lose an eye, right?

Couldn't find anything on it in the manual or google. Any suggestions to what it does?

prospector
02-15-2005, 10:34 PM
Enable Master Autoload

it enables the Master Autoload.

prospector
02-15-2005, 10:41 PM
Ok seriously.
Something new as it isn't in 8.01, so it might be listed in the notes that show up when you run an update.

stib
02-15-2005, 10:43 PM
Ohh the master autoload, of course!

That's the thing that.. erm .. auto loads the.. er.. master.. thing automatically.. right?

Thanks for the tip Prospector - I'm too much of a newb to know if it's a new thing or just something I haven't noticed before.

Since it's a new thing I looked in the 8.2 addendum pdf and there it is:

When Layout terminates, any active Layout-type Master plugins are processed and any particular plugin data are stored in a configuration file that specifically exists for them. When Layout starts up, the configuration file is read, the previously active Layout-type Master plugins are activated again, and the data restored.

You now have the ability to control this new “Autoload” behaviour. In the “General Options” panel a new selection is named “Enable Master Autoload”. It is enabled by default, but you can decide to disable this function. At times when a Master plugin does not function as planned, this feature can be disabled.