PDA

View Full Version : Serious problem with textures

Neuroup
02-15-2005, 06:43 PM
Hello!
I'm making a character and i have very big problem. On my character i made some uv mpas and for this i made some texture and i want put this texture on my uv maps. But for this moment it's impossible for me. On this screenshot we can see that i have a surface called "glowa.slon" color for this surface is olive and i put some texture for this surface. I choosen projection Uv and uvmap is also correct and i load my texture image. And nothing in preview widnow we can see that texture is still olive. I was trying everything and i was checking also everything. The best thing is that when i'm changing projection for cubic or planar everything is ok. what is wrong ?? Why i can't put any uv map with texture image?? What i'm doing wrong ??

I'm waiting for help.

Bye!!

Marcia
02-15-2005, 07:12 PM
You have your camera view set to "Shaded Solid" instead of "Textured Shaded Solid," which should allow you to view the texture map before rendering. Or are you saying the texture won't even render?

Neuroup
02-16-2005, 03:48 AM
Hello!
I'm addig my render results. Texture isn't even render . In Preview window there is also no texture image.

UnCommonGrafx
02-16-2005, 05:49 AM
Hmm,
If I understand you correctly, and I probably don't :) , are you saying that this image you are showing us is supposed to be an olive color where it is grey upon his face now? If that's the case then it's because you've applied a grey map, the uv map, ontop of the coloring, thus, overriding the olive you'd like. If you dial the layer opacity down below 75% you should start to see the olive color come through.

Nice model.

Neuroup
02-16-2005, 06:02 AM
Hello!
The problem it is that i can't apply a texture image. Olive color is only for showing the problem. Look on first screenshot. There is that i can't render this surface with that image map. I don't know why Lw is not including this image map? I was checking everything and i think that i didn't made any mistakes. You know tha best thing is that in camere view[Textured shade solid] i can see this image map on my object[if you want i can send a screenshot]. What i'm making wrong??

Bye!!

Lightwolf
02-16-2005, 06:10 AM
Does your image contain an alpha channel? Check in the image editor and disable it if needed. The Alpha channel defines the blending between texture layers, even if it is a part of the texture image...

Cheers,
Mike

Neuroup
02-16-2005, 07:21 AM
I check it and nothing new.... Maybe i will send to someone who is interested my project with all files.
Becouse really i don't know what is wrong ..
I'm waiting for help.

Bye!!

Neuroup
02-16-2005, 07:30 AM
Ok there is it a zip file with project. YOu can find lw scene, object and texture image.

Mayber this will help.

Castius
02-16-2005, 07:37 AM
Disable alpha channel in your image, Or resave the image as 24 bit png since your not using the alpha.

Neuroup
02-16-2005, 12:22 PM
I was trying with jpg with 24 bits targa and nothing. I removed all texture accept color channel and nothing has change. Few times i was checking a uvmap and this uv map is correct, she is exectlly this same like surface. You can download this zip file and check it. I don't know what to do :(

Bye!!

Castius
02-16-2005, 12:44 PM
I wasn't guessing. 8)

I download the scene, loaded it, disabled alpha and rendered. Maybe trying backup and clean configs.

You do have some clean up to do on your model though. Merge points "automatic" and unify polys. Make sure you delete 2 point polys after too.

Neuroup
02-16-2005, 02:15 PM
I try to made it in this order:
1. Merge points in automatic mode
2. Deleted 2 vertices
3. uniffy
4. align
and nothing has change maybe i made something wrong

Bye!!

Castius
02-16-2005, 02:26 PM
I did not need to do any clean up on the model to get the texture to work. Just disabled the alpha. But there is obviusly somthing wrong. Anyone else care to back this up?

merging "automatic" = 614 points merged!
unify 1872 polys deleted!

So either there not the same model or there is somthing wrong with your LW and it need to be reinstalled or the configs cleaned.

Neuroup
02-16-2005, 03:02 PM
You know funny situation :)
Can you send me this object on this email??
[email protected]

I clean up cfgs and nothing change ?? Reinstall i made it few days a go......

Bye!!

Neuroup
02-16-2005, 04:42 PM
Ha!
It's works.
I founded a bug. I removed everything what was conected with Lw 8 from my system and i install one more time lw8 and after update to 8.2 and it's works and every thing is ok. Now i can back to my work when i will finish my character i will send it on this forum. Thank for help special thx for Castius ;-)

Bye!!

Castius
02-16-2005, 04:54 PM
Glad you got it working. be sure to post some cool stuff when your done.