PDA

View Full Version : Weird Font Substitution in VT3 avi

westfarms
02-15-2005, 10:07 AM
I'm on hold w/ tech support but in the mean time if someone can help... I've rendered a VT3 project to avi (DV Type 2) for distribution on my Toaster (Box1). When I open the file on one of my partners Toaster (Box 2) all graphic pages w/ the small letter "s" is replaced with an "x" I tried opening the file in Windows Media Player 10 on the same Toaster PC (Box 2) and still same results. All Toasters are running XP latest build T3 4909 w/ latest Windows Updates and Direct X.

The killer, if you open the file in media player on a stand alone PC it views fine.

Keep in mid it's not a T3 project but an imbedded rendered .avi file

This is a problem for us because we convert avi's to mpeg2 for distribution in our internal cable television network on Toaster Box 2.

For now we can probably work around by converting to MPEG 2 on another toaster, but it is imperative that our three Toasters be configured exactly the same as we all create and distribute content through various mediums. It sounds like something is out of wack and I am stumped...

HELP!

Jim Capillo
02-15-2005, 10:46 AM
Never mind.... I thought you meant you were editing a project.....

westfarms
02-15-2005, 11:16 AM
Tech support acknowledges a problem with DV Type 2 compression. They were able to replicate the error in engineering...

Thanks anyway Jim... Also take note that your never mind reply was your 1500th post... I have a check in my hand for $1500 and today is the 15th... Boy do I feel lucky today... (Just reaching...) Have a good day!

Jim Capillo
02-15-2005, 12:09 PM
Make sure you play that number tonight ! :D