PDA

View Full Version : Need license code for IN-Sync SR

Dan Barnett
02-14-2005, 09:36 PM
I have an authorization code for 5.51 and have lost the license code when performing some upgrading of system. What happened to In-sync and any suggestions for this license code?
I know Rainbow Technology did the encryption but they are owned by someone else also.

I'm pissed at myself for not better protecting that license.

radams
02-15-2005, 02:41 AM
IN-sync is gone... Sorry to let you know.

so SR is a dead end...

You would be better off switching to another NLE.

What version of VT do you have?

VT3 and VT4's editor is actually better for many situations than SR was ever..

If you can give some of the things you need most and workflow...we can help you get up to speed with TED asap..

Cheers,

Dan Barnett
02-15-2005, 03:06 AM
What version of VT do you have?

VT3.

I primarily use TED for editing and everything else. It is only a program that runs in SR called 'Film FX' www. bigfx.com (http://www.bigfx.com) that gave killer film look and action.

I really like that program. I have not seen anything or I should say I do not know of another program that would match the quality of that program.

Maybe you all could give me some idea's that would work as well with toaster.

BTW Ray I like yor by-line of being located in Tucson, AZ and Bern,Switzerland. I would also like to say that I see a lot of yor postings on here. I read a lot of camments on the HDV thread.

Pete Draves
02-15-2005, 07:14 AM
contact me off net
Pete

JReble
02-15-2005, 08:06 AM
Not to get off topic here, but I've got to ask; why is the fact that In-Sync is history making it so difficult to authorize any legitimate licensed copy of Speed Razor? This is the thing that gets me so uptight about all these registration and product activation routines placed in software these days. Why is there not a blanket authorization code available to legitimate owners of a SR software license? That or simply an authorization pass that will authorize it in general for anyone now that they are no more. I'm sure that or some kind of crack would be considered illegal or in bad taste even in this scenario, but here's a perfect example of why those things are created. How is it a company can entirely abandon licensed users who paid for a product? Granted these things get out of date, but any user is more than entitled to use a program for as long as they want, even if it does go out of fashion with most. Specific plugin support is a perfect example of why this would be done. I shudder to think how many odd little plugins or application I still depend on that have long since been replaced or abandoned. I've got stuff from Serious Magic that requires this tedious activation process and I expect this will be a similar problem with those guys too down the road. Now an industrious user can normally find a way to solve this delima, but why should anyone with a paid software license ever need to jump through such hoops?? Rant suspended... :rolleyes:

wvp
02-15-2005, 08:19 AM
I'm with you...
The reason they don't just give you a "blanket" activation code is that you could easily give this to your friend along with a copy of the program. Thye are trying to make everyone buy their program for every computer you want it installed on.
That said, I agree with you. That's why you should not buy the TMPGEnc 3 software - not only does it require activation, but it requires this activation to be done about once a month!
I guess when more companies goes belly up & more owners/users complain to the FTC (or whoever) only then will we see some sort of resloution.

JReble
02-15-2005, 02:06 PM
At the very least, any of this kind of software should be required to carry a big 'ol warning about the product activation routine used so we can avoid their product. Nothing makes me more furious than a software package I paid good money for, not letting me work because it wants to be authorized again or reactivated and the $%&* company is out to lunch, closed, or out on a holiday or something. That's happened a few times and just once is way way too much.

Jim Capillo
02-15-2005, 03:26 PM
Well, to be perfectly honest, if I legitimately paid for a product and I was in desperate need to use it and the company was gone with absolutely no recourse for me, I would look into a crack for the software.

When one has paid for a product and the company doesn't hold up their end of the bargain, I would argue that then all bets would be off. I'm no lawyer, but I have to seriously doubt that any reasonable person would ever bring charges in that situation.

prospector
02-15-2005, 03:48 PM
The reason they don't just give you a "blanket" activation code is that you could easily give this to your friend along with a copy of the program. Thye are trying to make everyone buy their program for every computer you want it installed on.
So be it if they were going to stay in buisness.

But upon closing or going out of buisness or even dropping that line of software, they could at least give everyone a master activation so they don't have to constantly 're-activate'.

SR came with the VT if I remember right.
So why can't they give Newtek the master code so all of Newteks customers stay happy? No tech support but they would have all the codes for stuff packaged with thier software.
Once a company goes under..I agree with Jim

Pete Draves
02-15-2005, 04:27 PM
the old version that came with razor was obselete many years ago
the code for that version would not work with any newer versions.

A good analogy : if you buy a car and next year they are gone there are some parts you will never be able to get.

And the nice thing for them is ther's no one to sue. Out of business is Out of business

Let's no cry and get angry. Newteks license is keyed to the card for life. See how lucky we are.

and the editor is fast to use...beats the speed of working in "speed Razor".
Pete