PDA

View Full Version : Tricaster interface?

chribba
02-14-2005, 05:41 PM
Has anyone seen pictures of the interface of Tricaster? Could not find any on the page!

chribba

radams
02-15-2005, 01:20 AM
Yes there is...but not many...

It is basically VT's but with smaller skins and a edgier look..

Cheers,

chribba
02-15-2005, 03:48 AM
Yea, found them but there was not much....

chribba

Paul Lara
02-15-2005, 07:27 AM
I'll get some viewable screen shots posted when we get back from DEMO event.

radams
02-15-2005, 07:44 AM
[edited by the moderators]

So Why no PAL???

Hmmmmmmmm!!!!

grrrrrrrr....

more info on "Network In" please!!!!!!

ScorpioProd
02-15-2005, 11:46 AM
Remember guys, this isn't a device for video people, it's for NON-video people.

All the wording is in layman's terms and such.

Don't think it's a VT[4] in a box, it's not.

radams
02-15-2005, 12:01 PM
I understand that Eugene...but business people an others also work in areas with NTSC and PAL...so the need to work with both would be helpful..besides this shuts out the PAL video countries from working with this...

Cheers,

ScorpioProd
02-15-2005, 12:16 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I read, COMPUTER DISPLAY output is the output of the TriCaster, if so, there's no such thing as NTSC or PAL.

But yes, it certainly should support PAL input.

pnelson
02-15-2005, 02:53 PM
Currently we are preparing to release the TriCaster in North America and will be NTSC only.

We are working on our PAL deployment plans!

Regarding TriCaster's outputs,

1. Video Out - This mode will scale VGA res graphics down to NTSC resolution for realtime output

2. Stream Out - ONe button streaming as WMV! (All sources scaled in Real Time)

3. Projector/VGA - Video is Scaled UP TO XGA resolution and combined with Computer sources in REAL TIME!!

See Ya,

radams
02-16-2005, 04:11 AM
Philip then why not say PAL in development, etc...instead of ONLY NTSC...

It makes the wrong impression...

And you need to SCREAM from the roof tops Network In technology!!!

Looking forward to seeing this become its own product line...seriously...

Call it not just video over IP...but PRODUCTION over IP... ;)

Cheers,

3DBob
02-17-2005, 07:48 AM
If the NTSC version was bought now - would it be a software upgrade to pal - or would there need to be a hardware change?

I want one of these - I could of used it yesterday at one of the worlds biggest international banks annual results in Londons Bloomberg offices - but instead I had to lug my HUGE VT4 box with me!

DONT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE as the original Toaster.

3DBob

pnelson
02-17-2005, 08:00 AM
We are working out the arrangements of getting TriCaster PAL released in Europe!

Thanks for all of your support!

Merquance
10-20-2006, 05:21 AM
It seems a bit silly but where do I change the tricaster pro setting from NTSC to PAL?

ChrisPitts
10-20-2006, 09:09 AM
Unfortunately, The Tricaster cannot be switched between PAL and NTSC. You will need a PAL Tricaster Pro.

Merquance
10-22-2006, 04:36 PM
PAL is PAL. It's standard in Europe, exepting the French SECAM. Believe me. It seems nothing, but then again you have never worked over here.:newhere:

Merquance
10-22-2006, 04:38 PM
I have one for sale. A pro that can switch between both worlds. Do you want to buy one?

Merquance
10-22-2006, 04:41 PM
And Chris, personally I think that you do not know your product. So @@@. Talk to Jaques in France and say The Netherlands said hello.

pnelson
10-22-2006, 07:51 PM
We sell two version of the TriCaster PRO the North American Version which does NTSC only and the International Version which can switch between NTSC, PAL and NTSC-Japan.

The standard can be switched from the Administrator Mode. To get to Admin mode, click the "X" in the upper right corner of the TriCaster Interface. Select Administrator Mode and you will see the Standard options on the desktop.

Thanks for buying TriCaster! Let me know if you have any additional questions.