PDA

View Full Version : Airbus

salomon
02-14-2005, 11:23 AM
this is the commercial work and two days for the whole work, rendering might be fine with some more time to do but the deadline was so short. hope yo guys enjoy it.

http://img177.exs.cx/img177/4337/a3800026uk.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us)

Cesar Montero
02-14-2005, 12:23 PM
Two days no sleep? hehe.. Nice model, I like it. Details of usage are not on it, but it is better to have a good thing on time than an excelent the day after. Good job :)

prospector
02-14-2005, 12:47 PM
Details of usage are not on it

Isn't this that new plane to compete with the 787?

there wouldn't be any usage really to speak of. Maby a few dead seagulls plastered on the wing leading edges or some bugs on the windshield.

Cesar Montero
02-14-2005, 01:33 PM
Would you animate that plane? Tell us if you do :)

salomon
02-15-2005, 01:16 AM
almost no sleeping:) but it's ok, I think that will be funny animate it later, but how good animating a commercial airliner? nothing moving on it and every move is so linear, or it's better to work on a short story concept before animating anything, will see.

art
02-15-2005, 11:24 AM
Coincidentally, I was reading january's edition of scientific american yesterday and a very similiar render (composition,colors) of A380 appears there. The background is similiar but different, and decals on the plane are different, but quite alike otherwise. Since you mentioned this is a commercial work, I was wondering if you are the author of that render too. But then, sky is a sky and A380 is A380, how much different can it be.

Just wondering :)

salomon
02-16-2005, 11:25 PM
It's wasn't my work, there's i3m's studio guys who does so amazing computer pictures for Airbus compagny. My work is ordered for a magazine article, and the deadline is very short, I'd like to get more time to detailling the model also the texture but i can't, there's only two day to do.

Axis3d
02-17-2005, 09:39 AM
Looks pretty darn good for 2 days. Nice work.

Cesar Montero
02-17-2005, 10:55 AM
Looks pretty darn good for 2 days. Nice work.

yes, 2 days for that..you are fast!

salomon
02-17-2005, 12:03 PM
thanks guys, this is the next page picture of the whole thing, hope you enjoy too, the ground still be a neutral grey with white front text, hope yo guy enjoy that pict too.

http://img119.exs.cx/img119/228/page029ik.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us)

Lude
02-17-2005, 12:43 PM
Wow Cool, but were did u get the ground crew truck?

I need one of those for an upcoming project.

Lude

salomon
02-18-2005, 12:47 AM
I only get photo reference for this work inclu that ground crew truck, everything in the picture except the cloud background is made on Lightwave, Modo, texture making on Illustrator and Photoshop as everybody does.

That ground crew truck deosn't take so long to make, only some primitive form and merge its together and that's it.

amiridon
02-18-2005, 05:16 PM
Just a few suggestions.

You should have the other planes in the Airbus line in the flight picture so the actual size of the plane is more of a focus.

also that plane is so huge that they had to use more wheels then usual.

otherwise good job

operation
02-21-2005, 05:25 PM
Hi guys,

It's not the work of I3m ;)

We was 2 freelancers working on thoses shoots, I did the modeleding under LW and rendered it in Mentalray (animation done in 3dsmax).
I get some artifacts with LW radiosity.

The background was a real footage, we tracked a real plane and deleted it.
We did some shoots on the floor and some in sky.

But excellent work in 2 days !

cheers !

ps: you did a little mistake ( the cockpit ... the windows ; )

salomon
02-22-2005, 12:49 AM
what ever for the background using footage video or not, the final result was so fine, also the lightning, kinda like it anyway, but why using 3ds for the final render? lw's rendering isn't good enough??? you might have a reason for that.

would you share the real aircraft bleuprint? cos i don't have any for that work.

thx for all.