View Full Version : simple question

04-16-2003, 09:56 PM
This may seem like a crazy question and this may have been covered many times by other people but one thing I have always wanted too know is what does the "Volume" tab in the modeler interface do. I get the "Points" and "Polygons" tabs but I could never figure out what that Volume one was good for. I've gone through a number of books and nothing was really mentioned about it's function and yet is is placed in the interface like it is a valuable tool... tool for what?

04-17-2003, 02:27 AM
It's a volume selection...

for expamle, you draw a rectangle or freeform using the volume tool in a view port, depending on the Volume selection mode (include or exlude) it will select everything in that volume including or excluding polygons/points that are on the selection itself.

Just open your Statistics Tab (w) and see what is being selected.

When you deform your object using the volume tool, remember that this selection isn't really related to an actual geometry selection as in the Point and Polygon selection tool, meaning, it will not move/rotate or scale along with you object like Point and Polygon selections do.

04-17-2003, 08:19 AM
Thanks Red, thats definitely clears things up alot. I'll play with it the way you suggested. :)