PDA

View Full Version : red progress bar

jeromeOlivier
04-16-2003, 10:26 PM
One thing that always catches me off guard is the green progress bar in LW's interface.

I never seem to see it and think the computer's frozen. Since this is not a permanent GUI element (it disappears once the calculations are completed) I would suggest making it bright red to help warn the user.

Just a thought. :)

cgolchert
04-16-2003, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by jeromeOlivier
One thing that always catches me off guard is the green progress bar in LW's interface.

I never seem to see it and think the computer's frozen. Since this is not a permanent GUI element (it disappears once the calculations are completed) I would suggest making it bright red to help warn the user.

Just a thought. :)

"RED "? "RED "?

:)

There are a few places where more contrast would be better. I would even love another readout that gave a numerical indicator since sometimes the bar seems to lock up.

jeromeOlivier
04-17-2003, 04:16 AM
yes, like with the surface baker progress bar, a numerical read-out does indeed help.

red does catch the eye, don't you think?

cgolchert
04-17-2003, 01:55 PM
How about being able to choose the color you want? ...for any parts of the UI.

jeromeOlivier
04-17-2003, 09:04 PM
ooooooh! now that would be dandy!

Hey! check out www.menithings.com (http://www.menithings.com). There's a configuration for the hub to change the button colors. At last! A monochrome interface for me.

Happy happy! :)