PDA

View Full Version : Anyone using Serious Magic's Ultra Key with the VT ?

Jim Capillo
02-12-2005, 01:39 PM
Just looking for some info here...... tried the download, package is pretty slick, but it wouldn't write rtv files.

Has it been fixed?

Strengths ? Weaknesses ?

Thanks!

EanJay
02-12-2005, 10:30 PM
Don't think it was intended for RTV recording Jim. Are there laptops capable of writing to drives fast enough? Sure would be handy for recording in the field at DV quality though with that monitoring capability and playback etc..

EanJay

Jim Capillo
02-13-2005, 03:18 AM
Well, it is...... it has a dropdown with a "Newtek VT[3] RTV" file selector - but it doesn't work ! It writes an avi file.

This is not their DV Rack I'm talking about, this is the keyer package.

Tod Cole
02-15-2005, 07:48 AM
I use ultra key with the Vt. It does the math for DV footage so that is why no rtv. It is a great tool for keying and very clean.

radams
02-15-2005, 08:22 AM
You can use avi wrapper to go into it....and then avi back ...

But if you would like to see rtv supported natively then give Serious Magic a call or drop them an email...and ask for it...

I keep asking when will they come out with a REALTIME keyer that we could also use within the VT for LIVE as well...

Drop them an email,

Mark Randall is the CEO...btw, he's an ex Newtek guy...

Cheers,

Jim Capillo
02-15-2005, 09:30 AM
Well, that's my point..... rtv's ARE supported, but it doesn't work. :mad:

Typical Play/Globalstreams stuff, I guess. I've emailed them, but all I got was an autoresponse......

I know if I had a client ready and willing to spend $1200, I'd call him RIGHT back on my dime, not give him a crummy autoresponse email with a toll number to call.

Chumps.

JReble
02-15-2005, 01:59 PM
And beware of their product activation system. A lot of users have had difficulties with the darn thing needing to be reactivated everytime your computer sneezes and unless you have a web connection on your edit system and can actually get it activated in the one or two chances they give you, you're in for a tediously long series of chats with them on the phone transcribing 12 or more sets of activation numbers. I've got visual communicator and I decided early on that was the last one of their products I'd get as a result of all that nonsense.

Jim Capillo
02-15-2005, 03:12 PM
And beware of their product activation system. A lot of users have had difficulties with the darn thing needing to be reactivated everytime your computer sneezes and unless you have a web connection on your edit system and can actually get it activated in the one or two chances they give you, you're in for a tediously long series of chats with them on the phone transcribing 12 or more sets of activation numbers. I've got visual communicator and I decided early on that was the last one of their products I'd get as a result of all that nonsense.

Thanks Jeff, I'll mention that when I call them tomorrow. My machine is not on the web and I have no intention of hooking it up just to activate software.

We'll see what they have to say.

Bob Bennett
02-26-2005, 08:19 PM
I have just installed VC2Pro and am having problems with the audio breaking up. I have upgraded to Version 2.01.1567.0 and am using NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4800 video card. The video is great. I have a JVC GY-DV 500 connected to a firewire card and the audio goes to the VT4. Any one have a solution other than buying a $279 Dazle Hollywood DV-Bridge? Jeff, did you get a reply from Serious Magic?

Thanks !!

JReble
02-27-2005, 06:49 AM
Well, the only other suggestion I could offer is to use a Pyro AV link DV bridge available at most Circuit City stores for about $160. That's what I use to make VC work on the Toaster system. I run analog video and audio from the BOB into the AV link. Then firewire to another computer that I'm running VC on.

Bob Bennett
02-27-2005, 05:06 PM
Just wondering if there is an advantage using VC2 over VT4 as far as Croma quality goes and considering the fact that most of the content of VC2 can be used in VT4 anyway.

nortonericj
07-04-2006, 06:49 PM
To Mr. Capillo and anyone else who ever has a problem with any serious magic issues please contact me at [email protected] and I will either fix the problem or get someone of my staff to fix this problem!!

If you would like to purchase our software visit our website at www.seriousmagic.com or contact me and if you are looking to buy several software I can arrange special pricing for you or your company!!

I am here to help anyone who needs help and answer and listen to any suggestions or concerns anyone has!!

thanks Eric

nortonericj
07-04-2006, 06:58 PM
anyone else who ever has a problem with any serious magic issues please contact me at [email protected] and I will either fix the problem or get someone of my staff to fix this problem!!

If you would like to purchase our software visit our website at www.seriousmagic.com or contact me and if you are looking to buy several software I can arrange special pricing for you or your company!!

I am here to help anyone who needs help and answer and listen to any suggestions or concerns anyone has!!

nortonericj
07-05-2006, 01:55 PM
[QUOTE=nortonericj]bhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhh

sbrandt
07-05-2006, 10:14 PM
JReble,

I've groused at Randall and gone around tooth and claw with Soule' about the activation nonsense, but, to no avail.

They're not going to change.

BUT... on the other hand, they have gone WAY out of their way to make the mess they've developed as much their problem as possible.

I have to admit it chews up more time than I'd like, BUT they're always Johnny on the spot, and never act like their being put out.

I'm looking FORWARD to wresting with Ultra and SPEED EDIT together ...if we ever get it!

JReble
07-09-2006, 12:31 PM
Ummm..Thanks, but while I respect any effort to help end users, I gotta point out that this discussion was from a year and a half ago. If I had any kind of timely resolution to the difficulties we were encountering way back then maybe I would have remembered any of this. As it is, I've long since shelved VC where it collects dust to this day. Not really interested in going down that road again, and sales pitches via Newtek's support forum and the forum's private messages aren't really the best way to change minds. Sorry.

Jim Capillo
07-09-2006, 10:16 PM
Yeah, this is an old thread. I did purchase ULTRA and am now on version 2. I had some difficulties installing and activating (even ver. 2), but I got on the horn with Karl and he took care of me. I'm still not totally happy with the way SM makes you go through hoops to register/activate but overall, I do like the program. It desperately needs a UI overhaul and an update in general, but it gets the job done for me.

SM is no Newtek, though......