PDA

View Full Version : Office Building

otacon
02-12-2005, 10:59 AM
This is a perspective based off an office building near where i live. Rendered with fprime, monte carlo, 2 bounce. I let it render over night, so probably about 8 hours, it was on a quality of 57 when i stopped it. :)

Cesar Montero
02-12-2005, 11:21 AM
This is a perspective based off an office building near where i live. Rendered with fprime, monte carlo, 2 bounce. I let it render over night, so probably about 8 hours, it was on a quality of 57 when i stopped it. :)

Really nice Otacon. I'm a big fan of your work. I like the wondows in this one, and the birds give it an organic composition, as well as the nature reflected in a window :)

ingo
02-12-2005, 12:35 PM
Hmm, looks strange. There are some ghost edges in the sky from the roof top and the sky doesn't reflect in the windows.

otacon
02-12-2005, 01:09 PM
Thanks. Those ghost edges around the rooftop are from some post work i did on it, softening the highlights...your right, maybe a bit too much though around the edges. The windows are reflecting some sky, because i have a sky image in the image world, but the windows nearest the camera are looking toward a clear sky. I guess if i wanted i could move the clouds around. :)

Sastira
02-13-2005, 03:21 AM
The highlights in the clouds don't seem to match up with the angle of the sun in your image.

Also, the clouds seem to be stretched. I find their appearance rather disconcerting, and even nauseating. But perhaps that is just me. :)

Otherwise, it is great! Keep it up!

Captain Obvious
02-13-2005, 07:17 AM
I really like that you added some deformation to the windows so the reflections get bent.

Lude
02-14-2005, 08:55 AM
otacon rocks in with another cool image!

I really like that you added some deformation to the windows so the reflections get bent.

How's this done?

otacon
02-14-2005, 12:05 PM
For the reflections, i simply put a fractal noise bump on the glass surface. A low value is all you need to get the wavy reflections.

ingo
02-14-2005, 12:30 PM
I agree on this. I always put the standard FractalNoise in the bump channel at 2 to 3 m scale. And at a small percentage bump, around 2 - 5 % depending on the glasspane size; and the clients wishes of course ;)