PDA

View Full Version : Still studing, feel on this program.

UEI
02-12-2005, 08:33 AM
I'm still studing lightwave and looking foward to greater modeling, but I want to know what you guys think about DAZ? Like is it a good program if your looking for quick background characters or characters in general? Is it a respectable program to use if your making a real production or would you just model all your characters yourself?

toonafish
02-12-2005, 09:35 AM
hey, whatever gets you there . If you want fast background characters for architectual visuals or stuff like that it sure beats modeling them yourself. But if you don't want to use generic characters and need a special style, or like to model characters you might better create them yourself.

I don't think there's any disrespectfull programs out there, just disrespectfull users :D

theo
02-14-2005, 06:18 AM
Simple answer- and it comes down to what the project will net you financially. If you have a nice budget for using people I STILL recommend using an alternative source for people. In most cases though a Daz or Poser model will work fine and you'll make more money.

The reality is that the client is not paying you to model people he is paying you for an architectural visualization- people models and the like are used by artists to create ambience in the visual work and this feature is just an added bonus that assists the client in maintaining a sense of perspective and movement in a piece. If you were to put a price tag on each figure or car in a scene to make it more realistic then more than likely a good subset of clients would opt out just to save money- not all of course. So in the end it comes down to a balance of providing a proper visual and what the client has budgeted for the piece.

If you are more interested in perfection which normally equals a whole lot less money then model them yourself or buy top-line models. If you want to suit a bunch of guys in a forum when you post the finals then don't use Poser or Daz models.