PDA

View Full Version : Cpt Scarlet on ITV1 (UK)

Barred
02-12-2005, 03:40 AM
Guys a quick heads up CPT Scarlet is on ITV 1 as of 10:30 Saterday mornings.

Aegis thsi looks GREAT.

Aegis
02-12-2005, 05:30 AM
Thanks Barred! Trust me, the best is yet to come - it was quite a challenge getting the first 2 episodes made and since then, the teams have refined their techniques and have created some truly stunning work - the quality of the stuff they're putting out never ceases to amaze me and we're all very proud of the results.

Here's hoping it's as big a success as it deserves to be :D

lardbros
02-12-2005, 07:55 AM
WOW, WOW, AND MORE WOWS!!

This is how the Starship Troopers series should have been!!!

Watched it, LOVED it and want the DVD's already... only crit is that it's just not long enough :( !!

I even entered the competition to visit you guys at the studios.... guess it's just for kids though! :)

Looking forward to the next episode, hope there are much more car scenes, they were stunning. Loved the english scenery aswell (i assume it was) the graveyard was brill!! Sorry but i can't say enough great things about it! :)

cresshead
02-12-2005, 10:58 AM
hopefully my video caught it!...will check it out after tea!

Qexit
02-12-2005, 12:34 PM
I've just played it back off my video and was impressed. It did suffer from a problem affecting most shows on commercial TV at present....not enough air time. It is aimed at a 30 minute time slot which means you only have about 20 minutes of programme time to allow space for the adverts. In this episode, that means it came across as a bit too fast, another four minutes of programme time would have made a big difference to the pace and characterisation. Still pretty good for a first episode as they managed to give a glimpse at all of the main characters and settings. Next week should be fun :)

I also want to know when the DVDs are going to be released as even on fast forward the programme on around Captain Scarlet was appalingly bad. If I were a parent I would prevent my kids from watching it. In the brief bits I did see it encouraged bad behaviour, disrepect for elders and worst of all bullying. I feel an 'angry of Warrington' letter in the offing :D On the other hand, I want that prototype Skybase toy !!!

But back to the main event, I do hope the show gets a second time slot when it can be seen in its entirety, i.e. including the full opening and closing titles and without the unnecessary 'previously on Captain Scarlet' section halfway through. Again, roll-on the DVDs. The picture quality will be much better too. I want to be able to take a really good look at some of those scenes, there is an incredible amount of detail in the model work that is hidden in the compressed digital cable broadcast I receive :( The bike, car and angel interceptors were very impressive.

Basically, great work by all involved I just hope it is really well received by ordinary viewers and that the merchandise to go with the series sells by the truckload so that they get the finance necessary to make another series...and maybe even a CG version of 'Thunderbirds' as Gerry Anderson suggested in an article on Teletext yesterday (Friday)

cresshead
02-12-2005, 01:45 PM
just watched it off my video....how good was it? PDG!
PRETTY DARN GOOD! :D

looks nice!...animates well and love the hair!!!!
missed the old music though and wished they put the old "dun dun dun dun dun dun" tymp drums back in like the old ones!

looks like they experimented with GI rendering in the burial scene in the day and capt scarlet looked quite pale..still he did just lose a good friend who saved his life on the spaceship earlier!

this show will def be a cool set of dvd's to collect when they are avilable...up there with roughnecks starship troopers, jimmy neutron, max steel and dan dare.

nice one......thanks!

btw is this an all lightwave show?....thought i heard somethig about maya doing something in the show...maybe the particles??

Barred
02-12-2005, 02:21 PM
Sorry about the short mail earlier, as CS had just started and I did not want to miss any of it.

The only critisism of it was the show that it was stuck in, what is the point to stop CS after (it seemed) it just started and then...... The dumb show with guess the mother and a recap after what we had seen 5 mins ago, even my fish have longer memories:(

No that is out of the way.
Like the others said "When is the DVD?" Loved every minute of it especially the Mysterons, the globe is a great idea. Aegis I can now see why you said a good time ago now that the Mysterons were giving trouble.

There was only one minor bit (please do not missunderstand this bit.) that was not up to quality. The fat magnates shirt in the limo, the collar and neck were cutting into each other when his head moved.

Now it is a case of murder in the mornings, butting up with a dumb moronic kids show (that I do not let my daughter watch) just for the one and only Captain Scarlet.

In case antone was afraid that Captainn Scarlet would be along the lines of Space Precinct (but animated) do not woory the show is GREAT and CS has always been my favorite Anderson show (except for UFO).

Aegis for what it is worth please pass on my very best wishes to the crew and a thanks for bringing the show to the 21st Century (just as he said it would with Centuray 21 Television).

Alex B

JamesCurtis
02-12-2005, 10:14 PM
Any possibility of Captain Scarlet making it to the states for airing?

Librarian
02-12-2005, 11:59 PM
btw is this an all lightwave show?

No.

....thought i heard somethig about maya doing something in the show...maybe the particles??
Maya was used for the Character Animation.
http://www.dvd.reviewer.co.uk/news/feature.asp?Index=9488
I think they“re still hiring LW Modeler and Maya Character Animators.

Bliz
02-13-2005, 07:29 AM
Apparently there's going to be a couple more weekly time slots but they haven't been confirmed.

A [undertermined] weekday 4:30, 4:40 slot on ITV1 and a Saturday evening slot at 6:00 or 6:30 (on ITV2 ?) which would be cool because maybe they'll deem it worthy enough to SHOW THE DAM CREDITS!!!!!! :mad:

Excuse the outburst - was waiting to see my name broadcast for the first time on TV and was left crushed at the lack of said credits. :o

DVD release [in the UK] is going to be around September time (according to latest info) which is when it goes Stateside, again, just info that can and probably will change as time goes on.

The GI look in the churchyard is our old friend the 'Spinny light' which gets used more and more during episode2 and beyond.

Anyway, like Andy was saying, the visual quality jumps up significantly after episode2 so keep watching.

Bliz - Senior Lighting/TD - The Indestructible Production Company

Barred
02-13-2005, 10:07 AM
Contacting ITV with a complaint about it's (CS) broadcast slot :)

Blitz, all of you guys have my sympathy over the creditd, I have had it happen to me once. Please pass on my regards to everyone there.

kevinmcpoland
02-13-2005, 10:11 AM
Okay,

For me, I hate Sky+!! I set it to record, and record it did...for an alloted 28 minutes. The problem...? The kids show stuck that annoying "guess the mum" bit right in the middle, which meant the Captain Scarlett show ran on for another 5-10 minutes past the normal recording time! (And I thought Sky+ was an intelligent system!)

So...the first bit and some of the second that I saw looked really great, although (and I hate to bring this up for the character modelors, as I couldn't come close to their skills) my wife, who was a bit CS fan of the original, was very disappointed that CS himself was actually uglier than the puppet...! (Hmmm, funny she made no mention of texturing, lighting, directing, editing, environment etc)

But....whilst I hate to agree with her, I too found that both CS and Captain Black's girlfriend to be...unslightly. Before everyone jumps on me, no I am not a Brad Pitt/Mel Gibson lookalike, merely making an observation on the show. I can't quite place it, but CS has lost his rigid jaw/Clint Eastwood rugged look...

Still, in summing up, I only wish I could be as good to join an outfit as talented as the crew who made this are. Long may we see the show run!

Kev MCP

DarkLight
02-13-2005, 11:31 AM
Captain Scarlet was excellent, great work guys.

The only problem was having to see an hour of what is probably the worst saturday morning tv program that i have every seen.

cresshead
02-13-2005, 11:54 AM
if it's animated in maya and rendered back out in lightwave did they use point oven for the transfer of data back to lightwave?

i imagine one aspect of using maya in this production was loading/editing mo cap
and possibly lipsync tools are better/faster.

cheers

oh n pass on "keep up the great work" to all the team when you see them!

steve g

Qexit
02-13-2005, 12:05 PM
if it's animated in maya and rendered back out in lightwave did they use point oven for the transfer of data back to lightwave? I can answer at least part of that one and in so doing must declare an interest in the production having just completed some work for the Marketing department down there that gave me access to some of the models :)

The Maya to Lightwave transfer for the characters was done using the Beaver Project.

Bliz - Senior Lighting/TD - The Indestructible Production CompanyI'm glad I've only had to deal with single characters in static poses. Lighting full scenes must have been a nightmare in some cases. I'm really looking forward to seeing the results in later episodes of the animation. :)

Aegis
02-13-2005, 02:23 PM
Barred: Thanks for the praise! There's lots more good stuff to come! The fat dude in the car was animated (and rendered) in Maya using an earlier character-rig - you won't see any (well... much) of that in later shows ;)

JamesCurtis: Yep - Sony have the worldwide distribution rights so you can expect the show to air in the US at some point - got no idea of when yet though... :rolleyes:

KevinMcPoland: You can reassure your wife that after ep 2, Scarlet gets a little beauty treatment and looks a lot more dashing for it - Destiny Angel (or "Monkey-Face" as she's been called in some forums) looks a lot prettier too... :D

Qexit: Nice work on the marketing materials mate - I'm glad they finally found someone to do renders for them (other than me...) ;)

Barred
02-13-2005, 07:17 PM
Captain Scarlet was excellent, great work guys.

The only problem was having to see an hour of what is probably the worst saturday morning tv program that i have every seen.

DarkLight, you should see "Dick and Dom in da Bungalow" my daughter likes it but I will not let her watch it.
What is the point when parents so take the time to teach their kids how to talk and how to behave when crud (if I can use that word, sorry if not) is piped at them.

Rant off, now waiting to September(ish) or nact Saterday which ever comes first.

lardbros
02-14-2005, 03:49 AM
Must admit, despite off topic, that kids TV has always been pretty much in the same vein. Noels House Party used to gunge kids alot and so did Tiswas, and also alot of the things presenters say have cruder double meanings... it happened years ago too. I kinda find some of the things on Ministry of Mayhem vaguely amusing (the german scientist), and likewise some of it is cringe worthy (that guess the mum thing). Dick and Dom in their bloody bungalow just drives me nuts and makes me wonder what the hell is going on.? They shpw repeats of Batfink and Hong Kong Fooey or whatever... they are over 30 yrs old (spose some of the old ones are considered the best, but when i was younger i hated repeats of old ones)

Anywaaaaay... congrats to the entire Scarlet team, good to hear that some changes were made to the main man himself, i feel sorry for the americans here not getting it for a while, it'll be worth the wait i guarantee! :)

CAClark
02-14-2005, 05:02 AM
I can backup what Andy says, in that the show gets siginificantly better as it progresses, and it has been great to see what we have done to be so well recieved.

Cheers!

starbase1
02-14-2005, 05:43 AM
Argh! And I missed it!

Though the bit I remember from the original was the bizarre bit in the theme song where they cheerfully sing "They smash him, and his body will burn!', like its a really happy thing just happened...

BeeVee
02-14-2005, 05:52 AM
Unfortunately, I missed it too - I only saw this thread last night... :( Here's to hoping it'll get shown in its entirety on ITV2 soon.

B

Barred
02-14-2005, 09:47 AM
BV think of how Starship Troopers was at the end of the gig (shame it had to end was enjoying it), Well CS has a more visabilly detailed models and backgrounds. How can I put this it is bright and crisp with out looking clinical. I know that Paul and Adam do not like the original puppets, and there are a few instances where there are a few polys cutting into each other (some of the tiimes you really have to look), this is in no way a critisim of the show far from it.

The Mysterons are the show stoppers for me.

It would be nice if one of the guys could OFFICIALLY see if it is possible to post a clip of the Mysterons since it has now been aired.

Respect
Alex B

Qexit
02-14-2005, 10:48 AM
It would be nice if one of the guys could OFFICIALLY see if it is possible to post a clip of the Mysterons since it has now been aired. I think you need to expand on that request a little. What exactly do you mean by 'the Mysterons' ? No Mysteron creatures ever appeared in the original series, all you ever saw was the Mysteron city being destroyed and reconstructed in the original first episode after that all you got was 'the voice of the Mysterons' and the two green circles passing over things. I don't believe a great deal has changed in those areas in the new series. I do not have any knowledge of or access to the scripts though so I could be wrong :o To be honest, I hope we never see a Mysteron as the mystery of exactly what or who they are forms part of the overall appeal of the series. Rather like the way Doctor Who's TARDIS will always look like a blue police box from the outside, some things should remain untouched :)

bobakabob
02-14-2005, 10:49 AM
I missed it too, hoping to catch it next week... if I can figure out how to work my video recorder (ahem!) :confused:

The trailers are cool though - nice snappy editing and good character and hardware models. Looks like an awesome job.

Aegis, it would be great to see more about the production process, the crew and how Lightwave was used behind the scenes?

However... as a Gerry Anderson nerd I've gotta repeat my request to bring back the original Spectrum Pursit Vehicle!! IMHO, it was the meanest set of wheels in the history of TV Century 21... I bet most UK Wavers here born in the 60s and 70s owned Dinky models of these fabulously kitsch vehicles :cool:

http://www.tvcentury21.com/marc/images/cs-models/spv.jpg

More images at The Models Of Captain Scarlet by Marc J. Frattasio (http://www.tvcentury21.com/marc/models-of-cs-spectrum.html)

Also, remember this?

http://www.tvcentury21.com/marc/images/cs-models/spc.jpg

Cheers,

Bob

Barred
02-14-2005, 10:51 AM
You are right Qexit, you never see the actually Mysterons just the rings for the molecular rengen. Unlike the 2 green circles from a torch, that made up th original rings, the new ones make sence.

It is those that I refer to as the Mysterons in my post.

Aegis
02-14-2005, 10:57 AM
Here's a pic of the Mysteron city taken from www.captainscarlet.com

Matt
02-14-2005, 02:02 PM
Aegis - a few more screen shots for those who can't get out of bed that early on Saturday would be cool! :)

CAClark
02-14-2005, 02:56 PM
I think the Rhino is a suitable replacement to the SPV, espeially when coupled with the Uber cool Albatross :-)

Cheers!

Aegis
02-14-2005, 02:58 PM
How can I say no to you Matt? :D

Mr_Bester
02-14-2005, 09:07 PM
There are a couple of good reviews over a AICN. They also mention the great CGI. I can't wait for this to reach the states.
Dug

BeeVee
02-15-2005, 01:37 AM
As a big fan of the original series (and owner of not one, not two, but three SPVs! :) I have great hopes for this series. Unfortunately, I never got to see Roughnecks either, so the only CG animation I can compare to is Dan Dare and Max Steel, both of which look a little cheap and overly lit to me.

B
PS. Did you know that the driver of the SPV sat backwards in the vehicle and drove by looking in a video monitor?

Qexit
02-15-2005, 02:52 AM
There really is no excuse not to see Roughnecks as a huge chunk of the series is available on affordable DVDs. There are 6 on sale now. The cheapest place I have found for them is Play.com, and they ship internationally :D

http://www.play.com/play247.asp?searchtype=r2title&searchstring=roughnecks&page=search&Go.x=0&Go.y=0

I'm looking forward to the release of Captain Scarlet on DVD later this year so I can watch it without interruptions, that awful kids show and no adverts. It should also be uncensored and include the closing credits :)

starbase1
02-15-2005, 02:56 AM
Wow but those stills look good! Lovely sense of scale!
:eek:

Some scraps - Though we did not see the Mysterons, we did see those fire spitting rock snake things if I remember correctly?

As for the original SPV, I think the idea was same as any other vehicle - passengers survive impacts better if facing the rear with a seat to absorb the shock.

But hang on a minute guys, there are lots of good LW types around here, surely an SPV would make an excellent modelling project! **** site more interesting than all those endless Ferrari's...
:rolleyes:

One of my best Captain Scarlet memories is when I saw those 2 New Zealand mime guys do a hilarious combined Gerry Anderson show in London, maybe 15 years ago? Captain Scarlet featured heavily. They could do distinct walks for the different puppets, there were twin circles of light panning over the audience, the original music (Very Loud!). They had thunderbirds on hats and did a really neat thunderbird 2 launch sequence with palm trees on fingers...
:cool:

Nick

BeeVee
02-15-2005, 03:25 AM
I know they are available on DVD, and I use Play extensively. Now how about giving me the £50-odd that I need to buy 'em... :)

B

Qexit
02-15-2005, 04:12 AM
I know they are available on DVD, and I use Play extensively. Now how about giving me the £50-odd that I need to buy 'em... :)

B
Sorry Ben, I'd love to help you out but I've just blown all my spare cash for about the next 12 months on the figure now appearing as my avatar. For details, go here :

http://www.anthonyrestorations.com/pages/ar_ymir2.html

I managed to get my order in just before the Company's license expired and in about 8-9 weeks will have my very own pet Ymir bronze statuette sat alongside the Jason and the Argonauts Skeleton I bought last year at around this time. My recent work on Scarlet has funded this latest little extravagance :)

colkai
02-15-2005, 04:27 AM
But hang on a minute guys, there are lots of good LW types around here, surely an SPV would make an excellent modelling project! **** site more interesting than all those endless Ferrari's...

Many many moons ago, someone did do a nice SPV model in LW..
http://www.aiai.ed.ac.uk/~bat/GA/ga-craft.html#scarlet

Not seen any since then though, still have the Imagine object of the Angel Interceptor someplace myself. :)

Barred
02-15-2005, 06:47 AM
Do you know if there are any plans for the original SPV as I no longer have my Spectrum set?

It would make a nice little spline project.

colkai
02-15-2005, 07:06 AM
You can find some pics around the web which are more or less ok, but they aren't perfect. As far as I know, there aren't any proper "blueprint" type refs out there.

I did a mockup based on some I could find using primitives which I was hoping to use as a template. Mind you, I'd love to get my hands on one of the old Dinky cars now :D

BeeVee
02-15-2005, 07:39 AM
You and me both Col! :)

B

colkai
02-15-2005, 08:41 AM
Well, there are a few going on e-bay - providing you're willing to pay a high price for them - gosh - really wish I'd kept all my old toys now ;)
Same with my old Joe 90 car - when I think of how much they would be worth now, scary.

Barred
02-15-2005, 11:05 AM
Thanks Col.

Yeah when I think of the boxed toys I gave to my brothers, knowing then what I know now.

Original ST MK2 Phaser (green cap gun)
Dinky Enterprise
All of the Captain Scarlet toys
Mobile1 and UFO Intercepter and a UFO
All 5 Thunderbirds (the metal ones not the plastic ones of today)
Dicast Moon Lander and CSM (Apolo)
Cursed Earth Land Cruiser (Judge Dredd)

and I gave them all away :eek:

edit
Mind you I was only 15 at the time :o

Matt
02-15-2005, 11:31 AM
Thanks Aegis! Looks fantastic! Is it on every Saturday then? Might have to drag my lazy ***** out of bed to see it!

starbase1
02-15-2005, 11:49 AM
Well I have some top and side plans for the SPV, but no front or back shots. I've got a Japanese fan modelling book I picked up some years ago. If there's any interest I could scan them and post here...

Lots of other vehicles too, but for some reason, 2 views only per vehicle...

Nick

starbase1
02-15-2005, 12:04 PM
OK, here goes - this should be a reasonable compromise between size and detail...

Nick

Barred
02-15-2005, 12:09 PM
Please if possible Starbase, I would be appreciate it.
I have been looking for something to rekindle my love of LW and to re-learn some old tricks and learn some new ones.

Some people know what happened and for dissapearing I am sorry. I just could not face LW or the community.

To Aegis and Crew Thank You for rekindling my old spark.

Alex

Edit
Starbase thanks, you posted as I was typing.

cresshead
02-15-2005, 12:25 PM
if there's anyone at "cloudbase HQ" that could give soe insight in to why the show was rendered in lightwave rasther than maya and also why maya was used for character animation i'd love to here the reasons...i'd suspect that the animation in maya decision was made with reference to using mo cap data and how maya can handle and edit it much better than lightwave though i'm still unclear to why the brought it back from maya into lightwave for rendering as maya surposidly has a fai/good software renderer plus it has MENTAL RAY which by all accounts is stunning and production worthy....with all the past "comments" on how lightwave renderer desparatly need updating cause it looks "dated and slow" according to some people it appears that it's not and was the best choice for some reason for this HD res rendered show....

anyone know the reasons??? :)

steve g

colkai
02-15-2005, 12:45 PM
Well,
It isn't much, but seeing as it is unlikely I'll get to it anytime soon, here is the template object as in the image above. Lemme know if you found it of use.

colkai
02-15-2005, 12:47 PM
found these too....
Enjoy :D

Jaffro
02-15-2005, 05:20 PM
Afraid i missed the show on sat! DOH. managed to get the last 30 seconds :( Looking forward to seeing ep 3+ :D

Just wanted to pop in and say congrats to all the guys working on it - must be great to see it on tv after all your hard work :)

Jaffro
02-15-2005, 05:26 PM
if there's anyone at "cloudbase HQ" that could give soe insight in to why the show was rendered in lightwave rasther than maya and also why maya was used for character animation i'd love to here the reasons...i'd suspect that the animation in maya decision was made with reference to using mo cap data and how maya can handle and edit it much better than lightwave though i'm still unclear to why the brought it back from maya into lightwave for rendering as maya surposidly has a fai/good software renderer plus it has MENTAL RAY which by all accounts is stunning and production worthy....with all the past "comments" on how lightwave renderer desparatly need updating cause it looks "dated and slow" according to some people it appears that it's not and was the best choice for some reason for this HD res rendered show....

anyone know the reasons??? :)

steve g

Not sure if this is strickly true as my use of mentalray within maya is really limimted. But its buggy and annoying to get to work right. MR in maya is yuk (or was at least) MR in softimage is good as its properly intergrated. Also i remember one of the guys on an animation team telling me (i was doing work experience for a few weeks at Indestructible) that LW handles the massive poly count much better, a friend of mine managed to work maya to 80crashes in a day trying to animate :S not sure how many problems LW had in comparison as i was only modelling while i was there - not such a heavy load.

bobakabob
02-16-2005, 04:58 AM
Fabulous SPV pics, Colkai :) Classic design. Those caterpillar treads are neat.

It would be great to see some interior shots... Until reading this thread, I'd forgotten how the drivers face backwards.

Barred
02-16-2005, 05:03 AM
Thanks Colkai.

colkai
02-16-2005, 07:30 AM
You're welcome guys. Hope these and the template are helpful - now hunting down good references of the Joe90 car - that IS a challenge ;)

starbase1
02-16-2005, 08:21 AM
I think there are some line diagrams of the Joe 90 car too if they are of any use - though I will have to wait until I get home to be sure...
:confused:

Going from memory, they had most of the major vehicles in there, though always only the 2 views. I got the book years ago when I wanted to do a Thunderbird 3 and get it right. Now thaat really was the best vehicle ever!
:p

Nick

Qexit
02-16-2005, 08:38 AM
Fabulous SPV pics, Colkai :) Classic design. Those caterpillar treads are neat.

It would be great to see some interior shots... Until reading this thread, I'd forgotten how the drivers face backwards.Ask...and you shall receive. These are not interior photos but are taken from a 1967 Captain Scarlet Annual. You might find the text interesting/useful too :) Sorry about the file sizes but I wanted the text to be legible.

bobakabob
02-16-2005, 10:46 AM
QExit,

Cheers... great pics! One thing that strikes me about the old Gerry Anderson models, apart from the rich original designs is the superb surfacing and attention to detail. You can even make out the bolts on those panels. Also, the modellers weren't afraid to 'dirty 'em up' and it's one reason why they look so convincing.

That image of the SPV doing a hill climb in vertical position is priceless :D

Anyone here having a go at modelling it? There's some excellent reference here.

Bob

Barred
02-16-2005, 10:56 AM
Bob I am when I get the time. I have a bit of the main body done sofar. It will take me a while as I am rusty, but thanks to the excelent material here it would be a shame to let it go to waste.

nurbman
02-17-2005, 12:27 AM
Guess who didn't throw out their Dinky toys.....

I got the SPV for my 9th birthday when we lived in Newfoundland in 1969 and Captain Scarlet and the Thunderbirds were in first run there. Those Anderson shows were pure magic for a kid. Great design in the vehicles.

If anyone needs different angle/closeup shots of the any of these let me know and I'll see what I can do. They aren't in perfect condition, hence aren't worth the big bucks you see on Ebay for ones that are mint in the box. (who kept their boxes back then??)

I was the one who sold all my 60's comics for $2 to a used bookstore when I was 11. (ack)

colkai
02-17-2005, 02:30 AM
Dang! - colour me mega jealous ;)

starbase1
02-20-2005, 10:00 AM
OK! This week I got to see it!

General comments - they have preserved the feel of the show very well, not an easy thing to accomplish when updating to this degree.

I >>REALLY<< like the new vehicles a LOT! Again, the overall feel has been successfully kept, (contrast that with the recent godawful thunderbirds film!).

The fact that the characters can now mive about is very effectively used, and adds a new dimension to it which is very welcome. Movement is also very natural.

My only real criticism is that the lip sync looks way off a alot of the time. Seriously off.

Looking forward to seeing it in an evening slot, when I don't get all that craop around the show!

:p

But well done to all involved!

Who did the vehicle design?

Nick

Barred
02-20-2005, 11:05 AM
Starbase, that is what got me hooked last week. CS has always been my favorite Jerry Anderson pupet show. As you say then have captured the show very well and sucseded in modernising the feel of the show, even with Lt Green and 5 Angle jets in the flight.

This week we even got to see the "Dum Dum De Dum" with the hard cuts, shame they cut of the end credits yet again. The sooner that ITV give CS it's own uncut slot the better, keep the complaints going in after every show ;)

You Guys involved in the show, Captain Scarlet has to be my favorite show on ITV and the only show I make an effort to watch at the age of 45 :)

BeeVee
02-20-2005, 01:22 PM
I agree. I thought the mechanical designs in the show were fully up to the standard demanded by the innovation of the original and there were lots of moments in this second show where I was wowed by the vehicles (such as the "airlock" at the science lab, and the landing gear on the "helicopter". I agree on the animation side as well, there was the traditional curled fist common to mocap work that makes the characters look like they were based on old-style Action Man figures... Overall, it was gorgeous and since I know it's only getting better I look forward to next week's episode with anticipation...

B

cresshead
02-20-2005, 05:23 PM
watched the second show off tape yesterday...nice show.

nice to see lightwave in the "lime light" with such a high profile show such as this and also updating such a "icon" as gerry anderson's stunning creations and not making a hash of it like the recent thunderbirds movie which gerry anderson had absolutly no hand in all all....

as others have said...these two shows were the first so come off the production line and where they learned to get things organised...the quality will bump up with the next shows as they learned better ways to create the shows.

looking forward to them all...and the dvd set out in september too!

ablc
10-21-2005, 11:50 PM
HI,

I jsut got my dvd set of this show. It's a cool show, but not yet in France.

Is there any serie 2 on the way ???

Lc

Bliz
10-22-2005, 02:15 AM
The 2nd series was completed straight after series 1 and started being broadcast in the UK a few weeks ago.

I don't know when the series 2 boxset will be in the shops though :stumped:

As far as I know there are no more series being done.