PDA

View Full Version : Frustrating Rig Problem

twister47
02-11-2005, 02:56 PM
Hey guys,

I've encountered a problem with a rig I just set up that is really irrating. I got through to just simple IK Legs and Arms, using 4 nulls (one for each appendage). And it worked just fine. Then I opened another scene, 'loaded objects from scene'. Did some stuff there, didnt save anything, closed it and went back into the Rig scene again.

Now all of a sudden the arms wont respond to the bones. I've attached some pics so you can see how no matter where I position the bones the arms just sit there lifeless. The leg ones work just fine.

I dont know what happened or how to fix it, I guess I could just redo the rig, but is it just gonna do it again? I'd prefer to just figure out whats happening here.

Anyone?

Thanks!

taproot2
02-11-2005, 03:17 PM
Did you check to see if your arm bones are still active?
Did you check that the weight maps are ALL matched correctly ?
Good luck.
Taproot2(Puzzle)

twister47
02-11-2005, 03:21 PM
Hey taproot

The bones are active, and I didnt have any weight maps on there yet, I was waiting till I made a rig I was happy with, fairly new to this so that I could save the time of having to keep doing it over again.

Though I did just slap some quit maps on there and it didnt seem to have any differance.

I'm playing around with some stuff to see if I can figure it out, but I'm not having much luck.