PDA

View Full Version : Grid render (quasi-urgent)

chriscj
04-16-2003, 05:15 PM
Hi all,

this is probably a silly one, but I can't figure out how to get it done. Here's what I want to end up with:

Animated figure on the viewprot grid background with a gradient sky above the horizon plain. Now, I imagine this will be multiple renders and then composited - the sky, the grid, and the figure. The sky and figure are fine, but how do I get LW to render just the grid - do I really have to go through the process of making a plane and texturing it?

Thanks for your help,
Chris

P.S. Paul, very nice meeting you at NAB - and VT3 is really quite impressive, you got our head editor (the guy with me) to raise his eye-brows a few times and he's a swarn M100/AE guy...

P.P.S. Yes, this is a cross-post, but I need this out tomorrow if possible so I figured I'd come to somewhere with more traffic.

Matt
04-17-2003, 02:07 AM
'fraid so, you can't render the grid in LW, only take a minute to make one though!!!

Bytehawk
04-17-2003, 02:51 AM
As always there's different roads you can take to get to rome.

The main answer to your question is : the grid doesn't render. If you need a grid you'll have to make one in modeler.

You can render in different passes and composite afterwards. I would only do that for a scene like yours if the background takes too long to render and te camera is static. (You can also bake the background if it's skytracer for example)