PDA

View Full Version : Do you think Newtek should make 3D competitions for us ?

JML
02-11-2005, 10:41 AM
that would be cool if newtek could do from time to time some competition/challenge
on this website,
what do you think ?

prospector
02-11-2005, 11:14 AM
Just start one ;)

And who knows

Maby one will be sooo great that Newtek would give prizes (shirts,hats, VT4 system?) :D :D

lede
02-11-2005, 05:19 PM
yeah there was one last year I entered and it was a blast. Wes from WordWare ran it and gave away some really cool training cd's to the top five logo makers. It would be nice though to see a regualer compatition here for us Lightwavers..

-Lee

cresshead
02-11-2005, 05:39 PM
proton's runing a competition over on spinquad....

it's create a model within the confines of lightwave de's 400 max point limit.
over in the community section for the info and you post in the work i prgress section....

not sure what the prize will be!

deadline to be announced soon................... :)

Wade
02-11-2005, 05:48 PM
No - I would be temped and am way to busy for that. :)

hrgiger
02-12-2005, 04:45 AM
I think it would be good.

Hash(Animation Master) has had a monthly image and animation contest on their site for years which I always enjoyed when I was using the software.

Skonk
02-12-2005, 09:16 AM
yeah there was one last year I entered and it was a blast. Wes from WordWare ran it and gave away some really cool training cd's to the top five logo makers.

Only problem i have with that is, surely the people who create the best logo's are in need of the training cd's the least?

otacon
02-12-2005, 01:00 PM
I would love to have some lw challenges! Only good can come of it, we could all learn from each other. I think it would be a lot of fun.

kfinla
02-12-2005, 01:07 PM
ya, good times! I always enjoy the CGtalk challenges.. and wonderful prizes

meatycheesyboy
02-12-2005, 03:35 PM
If Newtek would be the ones running the contests then I'd say no, especially if it means they'd have to divert resources away from the actual development of LW. If they gave their blessings for someone else to administer a contest on this site then I'd be all for it.

Kuzey
02-13-2005, 04:41 AM
If Newtek would be the ones running the contests then I'd say no, especially if it means they'd have to divert resources away from the actual development of LW. If they gave their blessings for someone else to administer a contest on this site then I'd be all for it.

I don't think Chuck or Proton can code, but I'm sure they would be the first beta testers of any new features etc.

So I guess they could handle it just fine ;)

Kuzey

Bliz
02-13-2005, 08:42 AM
After not finishing Newtek's procedural texturing competition,
not finishing the CGTalk Alien Environment challenge,
not finishing the CGTalk machine flesh challenge,
not finishing the CGTalk Space Opera challenge,

I'd be tempted to say no to the original question but I suppose for people that 'do' have the time to finish them, then competitions are a good thing. :)

harlan
02-13-2005, 10:23 AM
No! Their time is best served by fixing Lightwave!!! ;)

Gui Lo
02-13-2005, 10:44 AM
I think images from the Finished Gallery should be nominated for a monthly prize. Nominations could be from other users. Maybe 5 users must nominate for an image to go through. The winner can be voted for by the users and the winner gets some NewTek stuff like a hat or T-Shirt.

Nothing fancy just recognition from LW users and congrats from NewTek. Then at the end of the year each month can be put through to a best of year big prize. Again voted for by the users.

Gui Lo

lesterfoster
02-13-2005, 04:32 PM
I am all for this contest How do I sine up for it

starbase1
02-14-2005, 03:25 AM
I think it could be a neat way of generating content - if some or all of the entry is made available here, everyone benefits. (Obviously I am thinking of a contest for a resource, not an image).

Maybe something like making a set of six surfaces without maps (for portability), that kind of thing.

Or a best (new) tutorial...

Nick