PDA

View Full Version : Null_it plugin anyone???

badllarma
02-11-2005, 08:19 AM
Hi all I wonder if any one has this plugin Null_it from
http://www.solidillusions.com/ as the link does not seem to work. :rolleyes:
Or does anyone know of another plugin that converts a object made of points only into Nulls?? (And so converting the points in modeler to nulls in layout).

colkai
02-11-2005, 09:03 AM
Hi Andy,
I know of nullify http://www.flay.com/GetDetail.cfm?ID=1092
and
Point2Null http://www.flay.com/GetDetail.cfm?ID=807

I've also got something on my HD called "NullsToPoints.ls" - here's the blurb from the readme...
-------------------------------
NullsToPoints, (c) 2001 C Merritt

Okay, you are using this at your own risk! I am not responsible for lost or damaged data.
Now that that is out of the way, I have not had any problems, and it seems to work very quickly.

Steps:
1 - Run this NullsToPoints.ls in Layout with your scene that has nulls.

NOTE: After complete, this LScript will CREATE AN LSCRIPT IN THE SAME DRIVE LOCATION AS
THE SCENE FILE. This new LScript will be called <name_of_scene>NTPnts.ls. <name_of_scene> stands
for the name of the scene you ran this lscript with. For example: If you have a scene called
"SceneWithPoints.lws", then there will be an LScript file created in the same directory where
"SceneWithPoints.lws" exists, and it will be called "SceneWithPoints.lsNTPnts.ls". You may rename
this file of course if you wish.

2 - Open Modeler

3 - Remeber, NullsToPoints creates an LScript. I myself keep forgetting, so that is why I keep
writing about it. You must run the newly created LScript in Modeler, and it will create points
for you where the Nulls were position in WORLDSPACE.

IMPORTANT:
I don't know why this is, but I found that after running the point creation LScript in Modeler,
if I hit "a" to "viewall", then the view becomes invisible. I do not know why. The only solution,
I found is to copy/paste the created points, called "points_A" into a new layer, then will be
"points_B", then you must delete "points_A", then copy/paste "points_B" whever ever
you want them. Hope that makes sense. :)
If you figure out why and/or how this can be prevented, please let me know.

Hope this helps people. I know it will help me!
------------------------------------

kyuzo
02-11-2005, 09:07 AM
Without using plugins at all you could..
1. select all the points, and convert them to single point polys.
2. in Polygon mode add powergons with the command:

AddNull POINTS\rPosition \c\rRotation \n\rParentItem \i\rCreateKey 0

3. load object in layout, and do Powergons.

Hope this helps
Derek

Cman
02-11-2005, 10:45 AM
IMPORTANT:
I don't know why this is, but I found that after running the point creation LScript in Modeler,
if I hit "a" to "viewall", then the view becomes invisible. I do not know why. The only solution,
I found is to copy/paste the created points, called "points_A" into a new layer, then will be
"points_B", then you must delete "points_A", then copy/paste "points_B" whever ever
you want them. Hope that makes sense.

This is no longer true for LW8.

colkai
02-11-2005, 10:52 AM
Good to know, thanks CMan :)

badllarma
02-11-2005, 11:00 AM
Thanks all as usual more than one way to skin a cat :eek:
And Kevin managed to find me the orginal plgin as well :D