PDA

View Full Version : Get error when doing a booleen opperation

Harry Houdini
04-16-2003, 05:10 PM
:confused: What does "internal buffer too small for requested opperation" mean, and how do I fit it?

I get the error when I am doing a booleen opperation

I am trying really hard to understand this but, my fustation level is pretty high right now see how I am try to get this project done so I can start looking for a Job.

John Fornasar
04-16-2003, 10:37 PM
Harry,

Here's a couple of things you can try:

First off, I try to get my booleans done at an early stage, while still working with primitives (so in your case, before I bevel).

With your object, I would look very close at the points of the bevel, you might find a few "crossed" points near the tight curves. It used to happen alot when beveling fonts. Line them up and try again.

Look for duplicate polys or points and eliminate them.

Make sure that your normals are all facing the same way.

Make sure that your cutting object is far enough away from your object to be cut.

Both objects need to be solids (no missing polys)

Your screenshot seems to indicate that you want to cut your
object into two pieces. It would be easier to move the bottom poly up to shorten the piece, then select it, copy, move and paste to get two objects.

Check out these things, and if you still have a problem, come back with it.

Harry Houdini
04-16-2003, 10:58 PM
:D I had extra points in there. I just selected the object the using the poly tool the cut a bingo! there they were. thanks I was going nuts. I had been working with LW for a while, and never got a good explanation as to why until now. Anyway Thanks!

John Fornasar
04-16-2003, 11:05 PM
You're welcome.

ivanze
02-09-2005, 04:48 PM
I was having the same problems with booleans, then I changed in General Options the Polygons to Automatic and it seems to fix that. Even, when Polygons was in Quadrangle I tried to do a Boolean Substract of a Box with a sphere, and it kept the outside faces of the box, but when I changed to Automatic, it did it fine. This was with LW 8.2.

Captain Obvious
02-10-2005, 06:33 AM
I often get the same problem, but only after a while. Saving and restarting Modeller makes the problem go away, but it does reappear.