PDA

View Full Version : edit menu layout for FPrime

sentell01
02-10-2005, 02:37 PM
How exactly does one go about adding FPrime to the left side menu under the render tab? The Edit Menu Layout window under the Edit section is greek to me. I've looked through the manual and Inside Lightwave 8 book and still don't know what to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Sentell01

Dodgy
02-10-2005, 05:22 PM
On the left side of the menu is all the commands and plugins you can use, on the right the menu system is layed out in a hierachy. First find Fprime under Plug-ins on the left side, then choose where you want to put it.

The Top Group always appears in the top of the sidebar, no matter which tab you're in.

The Main Menu describes each tab and what is within each tab.

The Left/Right/Middle mouse button menus come up when you press ctrl-shift mouse button (or whatever the equivalent is on the Mac).

Each Parent in the right hand menu view corresponds to a Sub-Menu. You can add a new sub-menu by clicking the place you want it to be above, then clicking New Group at the top right.
If you want to add an item from the command/plugin list, select that and then the item in the menu you want it to go above and click Add, or you can drag it across and drop it where you want it.

Simple.

sentell01
02-10-2005, 06:02 PM
thanks - I tried it and it works! :D