PDA

View Full Version : Tequila Scream

iaef
02-10-2005, 09:39 AM
I would like to know if there are users of Tequila Scream and what their experiences are about this software, and how does it compares to other render controllers. I am evaluating Tequila Scream, and I am not interested on other controllers, so if you have some comment about other products, I would gladly appreciate a comparison from the POV of Tequila Scream software.

An ups and downs list would be great... thanks! :D

UnCommonGrafx
02-10-2005, 10:18 AM
Based on Chepe's response to the foibles in 8.2, I would suggest ButterflyNet renderer, or whatever it's name.

I have TS and love it. But it has been made clear that it won't go past it's present state. BNR, on the other hand, just released an update.

NewTek has changed the scene to allow for new first strings in the scene file and this seems to have created a conundrum for most all the controllers. Manually editing the scene files to the 'old' paradigm makes them all work again.

Don't forget about Lightnet and Spyder, the two free 'heavyweights'.

Titus
02-10-2005, 10:22 AM
Chepe told me he intend to program a new Tequila Scream from scratch.

UnCommonGrafx
02-10-2005, 10:26 AM
Good to hear!

I would rather send my money his way, and support what I'm comfortable with.
I like old shoes.

Chepe needs to come out and say this so that his user base doesn't disappear under misunderstanding.

Chepe
02-10-2005, 10:58 AM
Robert,

There is an update to load LW8.2 scene files, please download it at www.digitaltoons.tv/shop.

Cheers

Chepe

JML
02-10-2005, 11:03 AM
we use tequilascream here with LW8.2 and it works great !
and excellent customer service.

jean-marc

UnCommonGrafx
02-10-2005, 11:09 AM
Sweet!!

Chepe, business has been good for you, I hope. I will go and get it as I did for the 8.x fix.

Glad to be corrected. :D

trick
02-10-2005, 04:50 PM
I really love TS and never had any problems.
The issues with [8.2] were resolved within a week which I can not say of some other plugins I know and use (which may not be the fault of the developer BTW).

IF there are ANY issues it mostly is because of networking problems. But if you have a homogenous XP Pro (max.10 nodes) peer to peer setup or a windows XP server based network things will surely fly. When rendering I also disable ALL firewalls inside sp2, to prevent safety issues.

Chepe: start a more aggressive marketing approach, because you are one of the very few that offer unlimited nodes. It seems that a lot of people don't know the strength of your tool ;)

iaef
02-10-2005, 05:42 PM
Well, it seems that "Everybody Loves Raymond" (er... I meant Tequila Scream) :D

It is nice to see that it seems to be a great product... now, about the price... what do you think? And one last but important thing, which are the features that make you love this product? :cool:

And again, thanks to everybody who has replied to my thread.

papou
02-10-2005, 06:29 PM
i'm using TS everyday and it works very well.
Now it will work with 8.2 too.
happy to hear news from you, Chepe.