PDA

View Full Version : Moving LW to another PC

tjacobs
02-09-2005, 12:59 PM
Ok, I went and done it. I bought a new PC and plan to make my old one into a render node. My question now is, how hard is it going to move LW to another PC? I have been on the upgrade path since version 6.5. I hoping there is some trick out there where as I only need to install 8.0 plus the patch to 8.2. I also need to move my copy of Sasquatch.

Thanks for advice.

Wade
02-09-2005, 01:38 PM
Should be Just that easy install 8 upgrade with 8.2 - and while your at it install on any other PC you might have as the dongle is an easy thing to move around. I have 7.5 adn 8.2 on two PCs Home/studio.. and a laptop. Just ahve to use them one at a time.

Newtek did a great thing with the realease of 8 as they have it install in its own directory so you get to keep 7.5d up and running if you need to fall back.

:)

Jump in the water is fine.

Wade

BeeVee
02-09-2005, 01:50 PM
Just to confirm with my official NewTek hat on, that's one of the beauties of LW... :)

B

tjacobs
02-09-2005, 11:23 PM
Thanks...that was earier than I thought it would be. Now to run some benchmarks between the two systems and see if there is any real increases in rendering speeds.