PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Scale Question

shack1126
02-08-2005, 12:10 PM
Hey All,

I know the answer to this question is really simple...but I'm still learning...so here goes. I understand that Lightwave models to scale...but how do you get a building to look like it's actually 50 feet high? Thanks for your help.

JDaniel
02-08-2005, 12:20 PM
One thing that helps, is when you render images, place the camera no higher than human eye perspective. Just make sure your objects are set to scale. :)

shack1126
02-08-2005, 12:39 PM
Thanks J, and point taken...but I guess that's the one thing I don't understand is how the whole scaling thing works...I'm relatively new to 3D Animation...do I have to model to scale or is there an easier way to give an object the demensions I want and actually have it look that big in layout? Thanks again for your help.

mattclary
02-08-2005, 12:54 PM
To me, it's preferable to model to scale. If you are doing detailed work and want accuracy, I think it's the ONLY way to go.

Here is a tip: Make sure your grid size is set appropriately. If it's not, it will be harder to make objects appear the right size due to limitations of clipping and such.

shack1126
02-08-2005, 01:06 PM
Thanks Matt! Never realized the grid size thing...now I know. GO NOLES!