PDA

View Full Version : IK Problems

trison
02-07-2005, 04:28 PM
I'm having a really weird and frusterating problem with Lightwave 8. I have a robot rigged with IK but for some reason his left hand flips about 45 deg as soon as I turn IK on. His right hand does not have the same problem, which is strange since his right hand is a mirror of his left. I have tried adjusting the pivot rotation, but when I do that no matter which way I rotate the pivot his hand spins even further in the direction it is already facing and when I reset the pivot to 0 the hand just stays put. I have also tried killing all the layers in his left arm and rebuilding them but the same thing happens. I can't figure it out. Has anyone seen this or know what I'm talking about?

I've added a picture. Both arms are set up exactly the same with matching pivot points and the boxes in front of the hand are the goals for the arms.

Rory_L
02-07-2005, 09:08 PM
You`re going to have to post the scene (using place holder objects if you want) if you want us to get to the bottom of this.

My first thought was that maybe the left hand is goaled to the right hand goal by mistake, but that`s not it, is it?

R