02-07-2005, 12:21 PM
Anyone that is still having A/V sync issues with Type-2 DV captured via
firewire into VT[4]SP1, please drop me an e-mail, I'm collecting data on
this.

Thanks.

scorpioprod.at.earthlink.net

VT[4]UKfanclub
03-30-2005, 06:46 AM
We are having problems with audio/video sync with VT[4]. I can't say if it just via firewire, as I havn't done any other tests yet, but the audio becomes ahead of the picture and gets progressively worse after about 5mins. We are only able to overcome it by capturing in smaller chunks, so when you are capturing a whole TX tape from a show it is a real pain.
Is there an answer to this yet??

jcupp
03-30-2005, 07:17 AM
UKfanclub']...the audio becomes ahead of the picture and gets progressively worse after about 5mins...

Sounds more like you are dropping frames then the DV audio sync problem.

ScorpioProd
03-30-2005, 10:25 AM
Well, my A/V sync issue is also the audio getting ahead of the video, and I'm not visibly dropping any frames. More importantly, my stuff is via firewire, so there is no way it should drop frames, barring buggy Type-2 capture in VT[4].

But honestly, I have given up on Newtek ever fixing Type-2 capture.

I capture in Type-1 and live with it.

jcupp
03-30-2005, 06:22 PM
My DV sync problems are always a constant offset - the last clip I captured was 1 second and 7 frames off. I just slid the audio over and all was good. It is a pain though. Oh, and that was captured as a Type 1, with a TI chipset.

ScorpioProd
03-30-2005, 08:21 PM
Weird... No, Type-1 is rock solid for me. The Type-2 problem I have is a drift not a constant offset.