PDA

View Full Version : Gratuitus & pointless I've got a new Mac post...

blabberlicious
02-07-2005, 07:08 AM
...apologies to anyone I badmouthed about bragging when they got their new G5s

I understand why, now!

Quiet, super speedy and not Windows.

What more could you ask for?

:-)

pat-lek
02-07-2005, 07:28 AM
A G5 2X 3GHz??

Or ... a bi- CELL Processor!!!

toby
02-08-2005, 08:19 PM
Congats!

I too was amazed at how quiet they are, about the same as my G4 when it was in the closet :)

Beamtracer
02-08-2005, 11:24 PM
I still think the G5 is a faster processor than any Pentium. All the apps that are optimized for the G5 beat the pants off any Wintel machine. Look at Apple's Motion... it does particles and effects a multitude of times faster than any Windows box doing a similar task.

Not all apps are optimized as well as this, but it shows the potential when software developers put in the effort.

Johnny
02-09-2005, 04:29 AM
Not great for speed alone, but for capacity, too...I've been Screamernetting for about 10 days now, during which time I've done all my usual internet stuff, Photoshop manipulation, Illustrator, FCP editing and rendering, PLUS LW modeling and rendering with and without fPrime, all with little if any noticeable slowdown or beachball time.

I *hear* that such multitasking has been standard in win for years, but I've also heard that the reality of that doesn't live up to all the talk.

J

Lightwolf
02-09-2005, 04:35 AM
I *hear* that such multitasking has been standard in win for years, ...
Yep, since 1996 on NT 3.51 (which is when I switched).

...but I've also heard that the reality of that doesn't live up to all the talk.
Only if you're used to an Amiga ;)

Cheers,
Mike

BeeVee
02-09-2005, 04:45 AM
...which had pre-emptive multi-tasking since 1985... :)

B