PDA

View Full Version : Paging Eugene, Ulead problem

johnnylandrover
02-06-2005, 11:30 AM
Eugene,
Trying to burn a 3.8gig project onto a 4.7 (4.4) gig verbatim. At the very end of the burn process it says "disc space is not enough, Insert a new disc to retry or press cancel to stop the process. Any ideas??

Thanks in advance,

Johnny

Scott Bates
02-06-2005, 01:10 PM
There is a pretty active Ulead forum at The Creative Cow (http://www.creativecow.net/forum/view_posts.php?forumid=130) where you might find some help before Eugene gets back here next.

ScorpioProd
02-06-2005, 09:30 PM
Well, my only guess is that IF you encoded the project in TMPGEnc, and for some reason DVD WS is re-encoding it at a higher data rate, that could do it...

But yeah, the COW forum might be the best place to get an answer...

See, personally, I only use DVD WS 2 for my authoring and AC-3 encoding. I always do the MPEG-2 encoding in TMPGEnc and my burning in RecordNow Max 4.5.

So, I always burn to an ISO file, I never actually use DVD WS 2 to burn to a disc.

Actually, you might want to try burning to an ISO and see how big the resultant file really is.

You can then burn that with DVD WS 2 if you want, and if it is small enough.

johnnylandrover
02-07-2005, 09:26 AM
Eugene,
Thanks for the reply.It was encoded in tmpeg (65 minute project). How do I burn this to an ISO file and what are the advantages, Why not the dvdws2?

Thanks,

Johnnylandrover

ScorpioProd
02-07-2005, 11:14 AM
Eugene,
Thanks for the reply.It was encoded in tmpeg (65 minute project). How do I burn this to an ISO file and what are the advantages, Why not the dvdws2?

Thanks,

Johnnylandrover

DVD WS has the three options of "burn to disc, make DVD folders, make ISO file", it's all there on the burn page.

What are the advantages? Well, you want to see what the real size of the completed authoring is, so if it won't currently let you burn it on one DVD, you could make the ISO file and check the size of that.

As for "why not the DVDWS2", I don't know what you mean. Do you mean why burn the disc in a different application than DVD WS 2? If so, because it is an authoring program, not a dedicated burning program, so you are much more limited in what you can do with burning it there. There's no verify after burning option, there's no multiple burns at once option, etc.

wvp
02-08-2005, 07:54 AM
Eugene,
Trying to burn a 3.8gig project onto a 4.7 (4.4) gig verbatim. At the very end of the burn process it says "disc space is not enough, Insert a new disc to retry or press cancel to stop the process. Any ideas??

Thanks in advance,

Johnny
I may be worng on this, but perhaps the audio is not being converted to AC3 (I believe you need to check the box on the audio tab telling DVDws to convert the audio). If I'm correct this could account for the problem (i.e. the VIDEO file is 3.8g and the audio could be another gig.
Second thought is that the more complex your menu's are the more disk space they will take up.

Ed Wallick
02-08-2005, 03:56 PM
I may be worng on this, but perhaps the audio is not being converted to AC3 (I believe you need to check the box on the audio tab telling DVDws to convert the audio). If I'm correct this could account for the problem (i.e. the VIDEO file is 3.8g and the audio could be another gig.
Second thought is that the more complex your menu's are the more disk space they will take up.
Yesterday 02:14 PM

I think I have had the same problem of 3.8 Gig video would not fit on 4.4 Gig DVD so I need to know where this "box on the audio tab" is located. I just looked and either I'm blind or I'm looking right through it. I think I could see a box to check if I could find the audio tab.

Help?

ED

ScorpioProd
02-08-2005, 04:56 PM
It should be all covered in the addendum to the VT[4] manual, if you are using the DVD WS 2 SE version that came with that, or in the actual DVD WS 2 manual if you have the full version.

You set up a template for the type of video and audio compression you want. Set one up for 192kb/s AC-3 (Dolby Digital Audio) and set the video compression for whatever, since you aren't actually using that. Then on your video and audio clips in DVD WS 2, just check the "convert complient file" box for the audio clips. Be sure your template you created earlier is selected when you go to the burning step to create your ISO file and you're set.

Again, I recommend 192kb/s for the stereo AC-3.

The audio tab is between the video tab and the subtitle tab. This is all in the Edit tab section of DVD WS.

johnnylandrover
02-13-2005, 09:39 PM
My audio was a gig in size as a pcm file. I guess the project only shows video space and not audio(pretty dumb). I converted audio to AC-3 and it worked just fine. Seems like many have come across such a simple problem to fix, spread the word.