PDA

View Full Version : Help?

locoluke
02-05-2005, 09:52 PM
Please don't hurt me if this is in the wrong folder I wanted to ask the question and was confused if I should have put it here or not ( please dont criticize my spelling because it is bad )

Hello there... I would like some info on the NewTek Light Wave [8] product if it is possable I would appreshate your help ^_^

ok so I am " verry new " to animation I am starting to look in to the animation bisuness since I cannot find another cerrer that I would like. So anyways I will be taking a corse in 10th grade about ( Auguest ) when then new school year starts. they say we will be exposed to NewTek Lightwave, NewTek Aura, Adobe Premiere, Adobe Audition. I am only concirnd on the Lightwave and Aura prouducts now... So im prety new and young for this the younger the better ( I suppose ) Now I would like to know this in NewTek Lightwave what would I be able to do? I know it seems obvious ( 3D animation ) but would I be able to make a whole entire show, game or what ever I would make would this program do it? or would I have to aquire other programs and start learning computer language to make such a project? although the program is out of "my" budget for the "commercial" product I will be using the classes verson and start from there and hopfuly own a copy myself. The reason I would like to know this stuff now is because it's always better to know what is going on first before going inside the program insted of sitting there like a confused kid druling over controls that make no sence what so ever. If anyone of you could help me with this I would appreshate it also if you could, would you ( if you are reading ) give me pointers or tips to help persuade me into going further in to this? ;) Thanks a bunch

hrgiger
02-06-2005, 07:11 AM
Now I would like to know this in NewTek Lightwave what would I be able to do? I know it seems obvious ( 3D animation ) but would I be able to make a whole entire show, game or what ever I would make would this program do it? or would I have to aquire other programs and start learning computer language to make such a project?

Lightwave is an all around app. It contains tools for modeling, texturing(applying textures, not painting them), animating, and rendering. You are only limited by your own vision and talent. You shouldn't expect to open Lightwave though, play around for a few minutes, and start creating great works. It will take much time and dedication on your part.
Lightwave has all the tools you need to make your own show/short film/movie, excpet you will probably need to learn additional software as Lightwave does not add sound to animation, a program like adobe premiere will take care of that part. You'll want a painting program like photoshop if you want to paint textures. A compositing app is nice but not required in all aspects. If you have premiere, you can get by with that.
As far as games, Lightwave is not used to make entire games, it is only used for modeling the actual game models and applying of their textures. You would need to learn computer programming to create your own games.

locoluke
02-06-2005, 09:29 AM
thanks for the info! Yea I will be learning alot stuffing my face in the books / manuals and what not to take care of the basic things needed to create such an animation.... as I grow into the program and I know some of the things I will start creating objects.... though im not an artist myself and the modle would come out as somthing like crap although I am not looking to the best side of creating a monster form scratch and making it loook great nah im just going to do what I want to do... despite the creativity with it.... anywho thank you once again hrgiger

prospector
02-06-2005, 09:30 AM
Also, if you hang around this forum, you'll be lightyears ahead of your classmates :)

Like HR said..your only limited by your imagination.
Somewhere on Newteks site here is a list of shows, movies and such did either in part or totally in LW.

So welcome to LW...and be prepared to be assimilated :eek:

locoluke
02-06-2005, 09:33 AM
Also, if you hang around this forum, you'll be lightyears ahead of your classmates :)

Like HR said..your only limited by your imagination.
Somewhere on Newteks site here is a list of shows, movies and such did either in part or totally in LW.

So welcome to LW...and be prepared to be assimilated :eek:

Yup of corse! Thanks for the welcome :) I am a Visul type of person I get ideas form other games/movies/shows for a char or a story although.... I have to try harded to alter the bodys to look like :eek: hehe