PDA

View Full Version : ATI FireGL V3100 Driver Issues

cholo
02-04-2005, 03:02 PM
I'm having a problem with one of my VT4 SP1 workstations (bundled with Lightwave 8). If I use my fireGL with "regular" radeon drivers (Catalyst) I get some display problems with Lightwave 8, particularly lines not redrawing correctly and selection areas not appearing. However, if I try to use ATI's fireGL NewTek Certified drivers somehow Lightwave becomes mucked up and reverts to Discovery Edition, despite the rest of the toaster software functioning correctly. Am I missing something? Please help before I lose all my sanity!

Thanx in advance for any and all replies.

Paul Lara
02-04-2005, 05:22 PM
That sounds as if it's mucking with your Rainbow drivers in that mode.
Perhaps install the ATI drivers that work, and put the Rainbow Sentinel drivers on afterward?

cholo
02-06-2005, 12:10 PM
Does the toaster version of lw 8 work with rainbow drivers? I'll try to install them monday morning.

cholo
02-07-2005, 04:32 PM
Fixed it! In case anyone stumbles upon the same problem, the problem arises when attempting to upgrade the drivers AFTER installing VT4 and it never goes away even if you uninstall every upgrade after that. Apparently it only works if you upgrade drivers BEFORE installing VT4, so a word of caution for all those planning on updating drivers, be prepared to do a full system install to update your drivers.

Hope it helps.