PDA

View Full Version : 8.2 SDK changes - can anyone explain?

Alex Rooth
02-04-2005, 02:49 AM
I was wondering about the 8.2 SDK changes and have been surprised there hasn't been more online discussion about them. Can anyone enlighten me as to what they are and what benefit they will bring us. I saw that there was something about FPrime working better, but has anyone got further details? Thanks.

Alex

Chuck
02-04-2005, 08:24 AM
Information about the changes is here:

http://www.newtek.com/products/lightwave/downloads/updates/lw82/support/features.html#sdk

Lightwolf
02-04-2005, 08:35 AM
I saw that there was something about FPrime working better, but has anyone got further details? Thanks.

From my first glance at the changes:
What you can't expect is shader or volumetric support, but FPrime won't have to rely on the helper shader or helper displacement plugin anymore, and it should be more stable since there is a safe way to react to object/image removals and such.

Generally (scene-)master plugins should behave better, and not clutter scenes anymore.

Another addition is the option for plugins not so save data in a scene/object at all (e.g. demo mode), which means the object/scene is saved without a trace of the actual plugin (which, incidentally, is why the current FPrime displacement doesn't get saved anymore).

I hope that helps (...and sums it up).

Cheers,
Mike

Alex Rooth
02-05-2005, 04:29 AM
Thanks Chuck and Mike for responding. These changes look like a step in the right direction.

Alex

NanoGator
02-07-2005, 07:13 PM
Was LScript touched?