PDA

View Full Version : trebuchet

monfoodoo
02-04-2005, 12:11 AM
As always,any suggestions will be absorbed. scott

starbase1
02-04-2005, 08:12 AM
Nice, good moody sky too.

But I think that grain normally runs along the longest direction - looks like a couple of places where that does not happn, the rungs, and the bit that grips the akle. (If you know what I mean).

Nick

veljko
02-06-2005, 02:36 AM
nice, but
are the soldiers poser objects?
i dont like them much:)
Ddi you model them or? If not i think the image would be better without them.

monfoodoo
02-06-2005, 12:11 PM
no,i just started trying to do people.there mine.as with the program i have a ways to go yet.i,m basiclly learng new things as i need them.the figures are boned out,but i just did a basic pose.i know it needs work,so i put it here to get some input on my skills. scott

Kurtis
02-11-2005, 03:12 PM
monfoodoo,

For inspiration and reference, you might want to look at the following threads.

http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showthread.php?t=27229&highlight=trebuchet
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=157855&highlight=trebuchet

They are about an animated trebuchet that a user did with LightWave [8] for a contest on CGTalk. He won by the way.

monfoodoo
02-11-2005, 09:09 PM
Thanks,.(scott)

veljko
02-12-2005, 10:14 AM
yes, people are the hardest to do, and in the image they need the most work- This is why i suggested to maybe remove them.
To me they look more like stuffed dolls then real live humans. This is the overal feeling that i got.
I would work on bringing them more to life. Maybe some pose in which they are not posing infront of the trebuchet like turists but some poses where they are working on the trebuchet?

anyway, hope this helps!

monfoodoo
02-13-2005, 12:48 AM
yeah,i know what you mean.i'm just getting the bone thing down,shoulda took a little more time on it.(they do look like there posing for a trebuchet ad)(do you have a job,88 dollars?,you can take this seige engine home today!)
Thanks for the input,i'll put it to good use. scott