PDA

View Full Version : uv texture maps ... look fine in Modeler, not in Layout

stealthscott
02-03-2005, 07:37 PM
i have several objects with UV textures applied to them in to separate projects and I am running into complications with both files.

1) My objects in Modeler were rendering fine. Then I swapped out the .mov texture file (it was a placeholder, now I have final .movs) and now they don't render in Lightwave. The object just renders white instead of textured where the transparency mask is.

2) In my other file, I mapped all the objects with the texture and then moved them to different positions in Modeler. In modeler, it appears that the texture moved with the object just fine. But again, in Layout, only the white of the masked shape renders.

Thanks for any help in advance.

spec24
02-04-2005, 11:25 AM
I'm not sure but I think this has always been the case. I don't know why - maybe bad OpenGL coding. But I typically get strange things happening to textures between the two modules - where the textures appear differently.

kevman3d
02-04-2005, 09:03 PM
Silly question, but do you have Alpha channels in those MOV's? And if so, are they correct?

You should be able to double-click the thumbnail in the image editor in layout, and pop up the image viewer - Then swap to alpha and make sure its not just a big solid flat square... If it is, just disable the alpha in the image editor... Alphas are ignored in openGL but not in renders - Its the reason some textures disappear in renders when you think they look fine in openGL...

Cheers

Kev.