PDA

View Full Version : Modeler Button disappears

spec24
02-03-2005, 06:11 PM
Any one else have this anomaly? Sometimes when I start LW the modeler button does not appear in the upper right hand corner. This started happening with version 8. It will reappear when I restart LW, sometimes, and generally it's just a real pain in the a**.

Karmacop
02-03-2005, 07:03 PM
This means the hub isn't open, or that Lightwave isn't connected to the hub. i don't know how to fix it other than restarting or launching from the hub

spec24
02-03-2005, 08:08 PM
yeah, I used to think that too, but the hub is started. I guess it must be that it's not connected to the hub - even though the hub starts up with it and shows it running. Seems like a pretty sloppy bug. Oh well - back to modeling :)

gschrick
02-04-2005, 04:25 AM
I had that problem a lot. I finally put the hub exe in my startup folder so when I booted my computer the hub automatically started, whether I was using LW or not. That seemed to solved the problem.

Skonk
02-04-2005, 06:17 AM
Lightwave uses tcp/ip to communicate between the 3 programs (modeler, layout and the hub) so some firewalls will block the tcp/ip traffic, so check your firewall isn't the cause.

Chrysolithos
02-04-2005, 07:13 AM
Yeah, I have that prolem a lot (No modeler button). But if I shut off Nortons frickin firewall, it comes back after rebooting.

spec24
02-04-2005, 10:37 AM
Lightwave uses tcp/ip to communicate between the 3 programs (modeler, layout and the hub) so some firewalls will block the tcp/ip traffic, so check your firewall isn't the cause.

Does that make sense??? That if I just restart LW the button reappears?? It would seem that I would need to do something to the firewall first. Or can the firewall cause an intermittent problem like this?? Newtek - do you know why?

Bass
02-07-2005, 12:49 PM
I get the same thing. Disabling the firewall doesn't seem to make a difference.

The Hub loads Layout OK, but gives me a "Cannot Launch Process" whenever I try to load Modeler (through the hub - Modeler loads fine on its own.)

I've tried a lot of different configuratons, but no answers yet